Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After my fiance arrives to the USA on K1

Hey Everyone . Another good question popped in to my mind. I wanted to know once my fiance comes to the USA. I wanted to know what kind of evidnce or what do I need to do so I can help her partns get a travel non-immigriant visa so her mom and dad and brother can travel to the USA durning the month of the wedding so they can attend also. Basicly when my fiance comes to the USA I feel very bad that her mom and dad will have a hard time trying to get VIAS to come to the USA for a one month to attend the marriage. So I need to know what can I get my future in laws to do so they will be able to also get approved for a temp visa to travel to usa for one month. Need advice from all experts and everyone who has experience. This is all for traveling from India to USA
    Thanks,
    VPatel

Hey Everyone . Another good question popped in to my mind. I wanted to know once my fiance comes to the USA. I wanted to know what kind of evidnce or what do I need to do so I can help her partns get a travel non-immigriant visa so her mom and dad and brother can travel to the USA durning the month of the wedding so they can attend also. Basicly when my fiance comes to the USA I feel very bad that her mom and dad will have a hard time trying to get VIAS to come to the USA for a one month to attend the marriage. So I need to know what can I get my future in laws to do so they will be able to also get approved for a temp visa to travel to usa for one month. Need advice from all experts and everyone who has experience. This is all for traveling from India to USA
    Thanks,
    VPatel

Comment

VPatel,

This is going to be a pretty general answer, but I would say you need at least two types of evidence: (1) you want to have evidence of the fact that you are getting married and that there is therefore a particular event that your fiancee's parents should be allowed to have a tourist visa to attend. This can take the form of any evidence you have about your wedding plans (such as invitations and/or catering, photo, or other contracts), and/or a letter from you inviting them to the wedding. I recognize that his can be difficult to do, because your wedding plans may be up in the air until you know for sure about your fiancee's k1 visa, but I would try to do the best I could with this type of thing.

Probably even more important, though, is (2) evidence that your future in-laws have sufficient ties to India that it is unlikely that they will become visa overstays. Generally, this kind of evidence can take the form of proof of social and/or economic ties to India (records of real estate or business ownership can help with the economic ties; social ties can be shown by showing that they have family that lives in India they are unlikely to want to leave behind and/or that they are actively involved in their community that gives them a strong stake in what happens there). There are other types of evidence that could be helpful, but it should pretty much be explained on the tourist visa application.

Be prepared for the very real possibility that the visa may be approved for only one of the two of your in-laws; sometimes it seems like the embassies will do that on the theory that if they split the couple up, the odds are that the one that gets the visa is more likely to return.

Also be prepared for trouble if your in-laws have ever come to the U.S. before and overstayed a visa, or if any of them have any criminal history (however minor) whatsoever.

Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed