Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card filing - Non Employer based

I work with a University in Iowa. Since my employment is temporary base they won't file for my green card. Though my current assignment might go on for another 3 years but they don't seem to be interested in having me on a permanent basis. I have 3 more years on my H1 visa.

But I want to file for my green card. Some people have said that you can do it through a private attorney. I am not sure how that works and also how much it is going to cost me to go through this process.

Can someone guide me on this?

Thanks for your time.

I work with a University in Iowa. Since my employment is temporary base they won't file for my green card. Though my current assignment might go on for another 3 years but they don't seem to be interested in having me on a permanent basis. I have 3 more years on my H1 visa.

But I want to file for my green card. Some people have said that you can do it through a private attorney. I am not sure how that works and also how much it is going to cost me to go through this process.

Can someone guide me on this?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Get another employer to sponsor you for the alien labor certification. You can still work for your current employer since the position offered in the alien labor certification will not be available until approved by BCIS through filing of an I-140 immigrant petition.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying to my question.

So I gather that I can not file for my green card by hiring a private attorney.

Also I am not sure if some other employer will sponsor me for the alien labor certification without actually hiring me. What would be there interest in doing it?

Comment

You should hire an attorney that practices immigration to prepare and file your alien labor certification. If done incorrectly, it will be denied.
          If you have difficulty finding an employer to sponsor you only for the alien labor certification, then you will need to ask them to sponsor you for both - H-1B and LC. Good luck!

Comment

All that a private attorney can do is help you file your papers properly but you still need an employer to sponsor you. Better off, find some USC bimbo and marry her. That's the fastest way to get a green card.

Comment

So without an employer doing it for me, I can not get my labor certification done!

In other words I need to find a new employer, huh?

Comment

No employer, no LC, no LC no immigrant visa petition (I-140), no I-140, no adjustment of status (I-485), no I-485, no green card.

That simple.

Comment

Thansk a bunch.

You sure sound knowledgeable on this topic.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation