Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatherless child

I understand that being here illegally is wrong and everyone must pay their dues to come legally to this country. I have a daughter who is now 4 years old without a father. I get no help from SS because he ws here with an illegal ss#. He passed away almost 3 yrs ago. What we do know is that he paid taxes EVERY year for 8 years with an ITIN and I wanted to claim ss for my daughter. SS will not give me anything. I am an US citizen ((born)) My daughter is a born US citizen and is now being raised singly by me. I feel that although her father worked under a bad ss# she should be entitled to AT LEAST what he paid to them over this period of time. I use NO government benefits. But I feel that there should be some way that I can get help with ss. I do not want to use gov't benefits, but if it ever comes a time that i can't provide for her the right way I will and I will fully. If anyone knows anything about death benefits please help me. SS is taking this money that WE KNOW he payed in and using it for whatever they choose. It should be coming to help in support of HIS US citizen daughter. Please Help

I understand that being here illegally is wrong and everyone must pay their dues to come legally to this country. I have a daughter who is now 4 years old without a father. I get no help from SS because he ws here with an illegal ss#. He passed away almost 3 yrs ago. What we do know is that he paid taxes EVERY year for 8 years with an ITIN and I wanted to claim ss for my daughter. SS will not give me anything. I am an US citizen ((born)) My daughter is a born US citizen and is now being raised singly by me. I feel that although her father worked under a bad ss# she should be entitled to AT LEAST what he paid to them over this period of time. I use NO government benefits. But I feel that there should be some way that I can get help with ss. I do not want to use gov't benefits, but if it ever comes a time that i can't provide for her the right way I will and I will fully. If anyone knows anything about death benefits please help me. SS is taking this money that WE KNOW he payed in and using it for whatever they choose. It should be coming to help in support of HIS US citizen daughter. Please Help

Comment

I am sorry for your situation and the loss of your husband. You are a US citizen, and your daughter is, too. Therefore, if you need it, you both are entitled to government assistance. The money your husband earned was earned illegally and is not being used at all. The SS money collected from illegals is in a fund until the government can figure out what to do: to give it to the illegals is saying it's OK to break the law, and to give it to someone else will take a lot of political wrangling, so right now it's just sitting there. The long and short of it is that yes, he paid taxes, but he was supposed to. You say this like it's such a huge thing - while he was here he used all the things our taxes pay for, so that was just a fact of life for him, just as it is for all of us. I don't think there's any way to get that money - he had no claim to it because he was not supposed to be here and he earned it illegally. If I were you I'd contact social services if the time ever comes when you need help with your daughter, but I'd forget about that money and move on. I hate to sound harsh, but I don't see a way around it. Death benefits apply to legal residents and citizens. Good luck.

Comment

thieves

Comment

you stated: "The SS money collected from illegals is in a fund until the government can figure out what to do: to give it to the illegals is saying it's OK to break the law, and to give it to someone else will take a lot of political wrangling, so right now it's just sitting there. "

Are you joking or are you indeed so naive that you haven't noticed yet that the money and taxes that illegals contribute annualy is a big fat backbone to the economy.

In fact, any single cent is being spent right away, there are no special funds off of illegals taxes or anything like it.. where did you get that fairytale anyway?

Comment

How naive are you? How about the unpaid medical bills and hospitals going bankrupt all over the country? or the rising auto insurance costs caused by uninsured undocumented and unlicensed drivers? These are boons to our economy? The untaxed income and unfiled tax returns? I think you're the one that needs the reality check - they send their money home and don't pay what they should in taxes - that's how they "contribute" to our economy.

Comment

Yeah, I got the part about about your husband having paid taxes. What it comes down to is that the wages that he earned were earned illegally, and the SS money may not be obtained by you for that reason. I was not generalizing. I understand that you and your daughter are citizens - I too am a single mom and understand how hard it is, and my USC ex-husband (I am a born USC) is a deadbeat dad, so you're preaching to the choir here. I won't go on welfare, either. I think that what you're pissed about, and I can see why, is that if our government is slack enough to let them in, then the benefits earned by illegals should be given to them. You and I aren't really in disagreement - I think you're so frustrated that you think I'm slamming you, but I'm not. I'm basing this on what I've learned on this site and from my dealings with other immigration issues, and I don't think you'll get it, but hell, why not write to your congressman? Have you got copies of pay stubs and filed tax returns showing payment of taxes and SS? Go ahead and fight for it, and good luck to the two of you.

Comment

While I feel sorry for your loss and the fact that you are raising a daughter alone ,a few things in your post jumped out at me. First of all you knew your husband was working illegally and did nothing about it. So I don't see where you should be complaining now. The money was earned illegally. Period. We don't give bank robbers wives the money from a heist,and even though you may find what your husband did far from robbing a bank, the law doesn't. He defrauded the US Government. They don't look to kindly on that. Secondly was your comment about welfare. You said that the government would be giving you what was "owed" you. The government doesn't "owe"anyone welfare. The government has no money of it's own. All it has is what it takes from taxpayers. And a single mom with a child is not paying "income"tax I would bet. You are probably paying payroll taxes(Non refundable) SS taxes and FICA,but you probably are not earning enough to be paying any thing you would not be refunded. If you look at where the government gets it's money, the top 5% of taxpayers pay 65%of all the taxes collected. The bottom 25% pay nothing. Yet they are the ones who usually use welfare benefits. So how do you figure that the government "owes" you anything?I guess if you were intent on getting your husbands illegal SSmoney you could go on welfare until you figure you had gotten as much as he paid in illegally.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation