Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/10 year ban.

To the people whom are subjected to the 10 year bar, what have you done to remedy the problem outside of the INS? Publicity, petetions, rallies. Your family or loved ones must not be that important to just let that stupid law hinder your lives. Fight. Fight. Fight. Let's get together and end this horrible law. Let's start an organization.

To the people whom are subjected to the 10 year bar, what have you done to remedy the problem outside of the INS? Publicity, petetions, rallies. Your family or loved ones must not be that important to just let that stupid law hinder your lives. Fight. Fight. Fight. Let's get together and end this horrible law. Let's start an organization.

Comment

better yet, let's insist people follow our laws! If a person does nnot violate the law, then there is no penalty! It is so simple. Obey the rules, no penalty. Break the rules, penalty. What is the problem? it could not be any easier.

Comment

Loose one of your family members and a daughter and you will be singing the same blues. Besides I am a fighter and think the laws are a bit hard. I will lead the way.

Comment

The law seem like a bit harsh, but in my opinion it's not stupid and it's the only way to prevent overstaying and/or other visa violations. I overstayed but I had never heard of 3/10 year ban at the time, if I'd heard about it, I would have thought twice maybe more...

I am facing it too if I had to depart voluntarily, but sure there are waivers for grounds of excludability. If you'd qualify for future immigration benefits, why wouldnt they grant you a waiver?

Comment

Hey guys, let me know if you've any further plans! I am willing tro fight all the way

Comment

My wife faces the 10 year ban. I am a USC and my daughter was born outside the US, but I have secured her USC already. Let's do something together. Maybe we should put together an organization and website with "FILTERED" boards. It's not the fact that someone violated US laws, sometimes INS loses things and blames the immigrant for violating.

Comment

let's get real...INS does not lose papers such that someone overstays by more than one year...what a crock. Someone has to make an effort to overstay by a year or more...so, that person did not obey the rules..so goodbye.
                We do not need to import lawbreakers.

Comment

C'mon! Our whole country is one huge broken law.

Comment

Leader,

I am sorry to hear that your spouse faces a 10 yr. ban... But at least she is not banned yet. You guys also have a kid together, why don't you talk to a lawyer and file a waiver?

These waivers are (almost) entirely based on the emotional and financial hardship that her absence would subsequently cause you (a US citizen), and with correct wording aren't all that difficult to obtain if genuine hardship would exist. However, you would be wise to have a competent immigration attorney file the waiver for her, since this would improve the chances of approval.

Comment

Count me in! We need to write letters and get lawyers involved and let the public know and see the human side of this! We need to be acitvists!
                      We could post a letter on the internet that people could "sign" and send directly to their representatives. NOW is the time to do it, BEFORE the elections!

Leader - THANK YOU THANK YOU!
                      I LOVE LEADERS!

PS- I tried to start or join an immigration chat room unsuccessfully. We could reach a lot of ppl this way, and ppl could just have a place to vent in "real time". What say ye?

Comment

I am cross-posting the following on a separate but related thread, in the hope that there maybe something here for readers of this thread.

"I guess I disagree, atleast partially, with every poster in this thread so far.

I believe that any law which defies reality is completely effete and should not be followed. The 3/10 year bar is one of those laws. To obey a law against reality is immoral. Those who advocate that one should obey all laws, regardless of whether the laws are grounded in reality and common sense (eg the laws against murder, theft, etc) or whether the laws are completely irrational (eg antitrust law, most of immigration law, etc) are not just wrong, they are advocating immorality.

I salute those who overstay their visas in defiance of the 3/10 year bar, and salute even more those who enter without inspection. America needs immigrants who are willing to take risks to stay here. Those who are willing to obey laws blindly just because some fools in Congress voted some garbage into law should be deported. And so should every US born citizen who supports such crazy laws.

I guess my position above is a little extreme, but that is necessary to make my main point - just because some nonsense acquires the title of "law" when a bunch of buffoons in Congress vote for it, does not make it right to follow that "law" nor to support that "law". The only moral course is to oppose such "law"."

Comment

Let me know what can I do, Is going to be a pleasure, but not only the 3/10 years ban, lets go to look for other aspects of the 1996 law. only give information at what e-mail we can go togheter, writte letters, do something.

Comment

Let me know what can I do, Is going to be a pleasure, but not only the 3/10 years ban, lets go to look for other aspects of the 1996 law. only give information at what e-mail we can go togheter, writte letters, do something. count with me

Comment

Let me know what can I do, Is going to be a pleasure, but not only the 3/10 years ban, lets go to look for other aspects of the 1996 law. only give information at what e-mail we can go togheter, writte letters, do something. count with me

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation