X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal or Not?

I had a bad experience, as in taken for a ride,
    by a woman who was hiding info. from me. She got the Temp.Card, and vanished. She has to get her Temp. Cond. removed, so she shows up for a divorce. I filed for divorce. Meantime,l I went straight to INS and had head-to-head with them re: this woman and her illegal brother (scary guy).
    I withdrew my Petitions, and they were GLAD to do it. THey told me how they would likely proceed (rsrvd), but bottom line, my wife can, and will likely vanish again. Her brother evaded for years.
    I was told the ideal is to seize and remove her, and that it happens from time to time, and more often than not, but they are swamped. The case load is mind-boggling.
    Question: I found out she will be at a court room on a certain day this month, inside of a county court house, to file for support money from me, and to take my car. Since her status is foreign alien illegaly present in U.S., should I tip off BCIS, and tell them where they can proceed to, and when? Or am I just proposing that they spend thousands of dollars
    to detain, and try, and appeal, and re-try, a person who otherwise lost their invitation to dance? Let sleeping dogs lie?
    I do not want to insult anyones intelligence.
    Good idea, bad idea? Thanks

I had a bad experience, as in taken for a ride,
    by a woman who was hiding info. from me. She got the Temp.Card, and vanished. She has to get her Temp. Cond. removed, so she shows up for a divorce. I filed for divorce. Meantime,l I went straight to INS and had head-to-head with them re: this woman and her illegal brother (scary guy).
    I withdrew my Petitions, and they were GLAD to do it. THey told me how they would likely proceed (rsrvd), but bottom line, my wife can, and will likely vanish again. Her brother evaded for years.
    I was told the ideal is to seize and remove her, and that it happens from time to time, and more often than not, but they are swamped. The case load is mind-boggling.
    Question: I found out she will be at a court room on a certain day this month, inside of a county court house, to file for support money from me, and to take my car. Since her status is foreign alien illegaly present in U.S., should I tip off BCIS, and tell them where they can proceed to, and when? Or am I just proposing that they spend thousands of dollars
    to detain, and try, and appeal, and re-try, a person who otherwise lost their invitation to dance? Let sleeping dogs lie?
    I do not want to insult anyones intelligence.
    Good idea, bad idea? Thanks

Comment

P.S. In case you wonder, I found old bank statements of hers. She committed wire fraud, document fraud, and was involved with drugs.

Comment

Oooh, boy - I am not you, but I also am sponsoring someone for his residency (the case has taken so long that once it is approved it will be permanent). If I discovered after all we have been through together (me and my kids falling in love with him, his name on the mortgage, my car insurance more than doubled due to him driving exactly like 24 year old men usually drive ) that he had just been taking me for a ride I would be sorely tempted to make that phone call. What I don't know is how I would feel about it down the road, many years later. Would I regret my act of vengeance, or would it still feel like the right thing to have done? I truly don't know.

My only advice since I am not you, is to try to meditate and pray for the right thing to do. Whatever choice you make, not only she but also you will live with it. Do what you can to be sure the one you make is one that will rest comfortably in your heart for many years to come.

Best of luck!

Comment

so, Bird are you currently divorced or not? And when should she remove conditions, and have you jointly applied to do so yet?

Comment

I don't think it's good to act in revenge, but if you know that a person is committing criminal acts, it's your moral and civil obligation to report that and assist in putting an end to it! So, it's really your call to "tip off BCIS" about her whereabouts or not, since you're the only one who could know for sure if your emotions are running high or if this is really a miserable fraud case! Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation