Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..a very confused teenager........

well um, hi everyone? i really need help/advice on my situation. well here it goes:

i am currently 14, turning 15 in less than a month, and i am in the US illegally, i've been in the US for about 8 years and my mother never bothered to tell me that im here illegally. i dont have a social security card, i dont have a green card or anything like that, and my passport is expired. i am trying to get citizenship but i have no clue what to do first because my mom will not help me AT ALL. plus, I REALLY WANNA GET MY DRIVING PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so um..can anyone give me some advice? it would be greatly appreciated..thank you

well um, hi everyone? i really need help/advice on my situation. well here it goes:

i am currently 14, turning 15 in less than a month, and i am in the US illegally, i've been in the US for about 8 years and my mother never bothered to tell me that im here illegally. i dont have a social security card, i dont have a green card or anything like that, and my passport is expired. i am trying to get citizenship but i have no clue what to do first because my mom will not help me AT ALL. plus, I REALLY WANNA GET MY DRIVING PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so um..can anyone give me some advice? it would be greatly appreciated..thank you

Comment

Hi. From rumors thatI have heard I believe that you should be able to receive residency, if not now, than in about two years. You will need to speak to a lawyer in order to r3ecieve help on your case. Just look in the yellow pages.... you may not get the best lawyer, but if you call a few you should get a pretty good idea about your next step.

You can worry about your citizenship after you get residency.

I wish you a lot of luck and hope that all goes well for you.

Comment

The law says that an illegal alien cannot drive. Sorry, "friends"...you've to keep asking people to drive you to the store to buy food with the money begged for ... 'cause you can not work, of course, hehehe

Comment

I think illegal aliens should not be allowed to break our laws and rewarded for not complying with the law. The law is clear: people should not remain illegally in the U.S. - they should go back to their countries (even worse if they ENTER the country illegally.)

Comment

*bump*

Comment

To babeexstubborn :
              It is really a sad story and comments made on this post are also unfortunate.
              When you were brought here by your mother, you were just little kid and if you stayed here illegally it is not your fault. Still you are a minor and have no control on your life. You are dependent on your mother.
              There is a hope and good news for you. There is one bill DREAM Act pending in the Congress, when this bill is passed and becomes Law, then young kids like you, who are living illegally, after completion of High School will be entitled to GC.
              I am sorry, at this time there is nothing which somebody can do for you but there is a ray of hope for you. Sooner or later this bill will be passed.
              I wish this Bill is cleared soon in both houses and becomes a Law, so that good young kids like you can benefit from it.
              I wish you all luck and God bless you.

Comment

Pretty much so, Umesh.

Comment

I'm really disgusted at the negative response that people gave to this poor kid. She grew up in the United States and it is not her fault that her mother brought her here illegaly. Her mother broke the law, but she was just a young child at the time and had no way of knowing what was going on. Now that she has grown up here and gone through the American school system, she has a right to US citizenship. This country is her home and from her post, she sounds like any other American kid. Why are there people on this message board who just post such mean responses to everyone who comes here for help? This is an advice discussion, not an opinion board.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

I don't think doing volunteer work in a church is bad...in fact, at different stages in our lives, we experience varying demands on our time and
                      energy. How often do we find ourselves saying, "I just don't have enough time or energy." Often, this seems to be the case. But, ask yourself this question: Are you ever going to have more than 24 hours in a single day? Now may be the time to volunteer. Moreover, most volunteers agree that the satisfaction and pride they derive from their
                      volunteer work actually rejuvenates their energy and enthusiasm for work, family, and all aspects of their life. Volunteer time is time well spent.

Volunteering is a low-risk/ high reward activity. There are usually few monetary costs to the volunteer. All it takes is a little time and energy. Don't worry about being overwhelmed with responsibilities. The deacon, for instance, will encourage you to engage in activities that interest you and that you are capable of completing "” nothing more, nothing less!

The bottom line: You are, after all, a volunteer; if you try it and don't like it, you can always (a) request to be reassigned to a
                      new activity or
                      (b) quit (although you probably won't want to).

Perhaps the biggest and most obvious benefit of volunteering is the sense of pride and personal satisfaction you will receive by knowing that you made a difference in someone's life. There are, however, many other benefits to the volunteer which are often overlooked.
                      (1) It is well-documented that formal and informal personal contacts are critically important in job-hunting, networking, and building a list of people who can possibly help you in many other areas of your life. Through volunteer work, you will undoubtedly develop valuable personal contacts. (Volunteer work looks
                      great on a resume, too!)
                      (2) Volunteer work often provides socio-economic benefits for various community members and/or organizations, thus strengthening your community now and for the future.
                      (3) The camaraderie built amongst volun-teers becomes a source of strength and con-sistency for the volunteers, the organization, and the entire community.
                      (4) It's fun! Volunteer work provides an enjoyable social outlet. Regardless of the activity, volunteers usually find a way to make it fun for all involved .

Many people do not volunteer because they don't see how they can fit into the scheme of things. They tell themselves, "I don't have anything to offer," or "I wouldn't know where to begin." Phooey! Everyone possesses skills and traits which can in some way enable them to contribute.
                      Where to begin? Volunteers are always needed for many programs, including your

Comment

If anyone needs to leave this country it is USC and Illegal. Those people posted nasty stuff and should be deported for their uncivil hostility. This girl needs help not insults.
                        She lives here. She goes to school. Her mom works and pays taxes...well, probably. And surely if she stays, so will she. Where in the world would a child who has been raised here go anyway ? Harry

Comment

I wish I live in that dream country that USC talking about. wher sky is blue and sun is shining.(It s FL by the way). I just wonder how many people in middle class will be able to afford that American way of life they live now.

And also ask that business owners that hire those so called illigals? To make profit, one of the answers. And people who are hired, making money too. So who is winning?

This is a complex and complicated issiue with many opinions, that contradict each other. But helping the young person to obtain his driving permit in legal way - what s wrong with it?

Comment

Harry Lime, how do you know this child is a girl? BTW, are you a woman or a man?

Comment

LOL Kela!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs