Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denial of extension of stay=deportation order??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denial of extension of stay=deportation order??

Hi:

A friend of mine is in the USA on B2 visa. He is considering to file an extension of stay. However, he is alos anxious that his application may be denied. What bothers him most is he thinks that denial notice is an automatic deportation order for him (which, if ture, will bar him to visit usa in future). Is that true? If he gets the denial notice and overstay, when/how the deportation letter is issued against him?

Thanks.

Hi:

A friend of mine is in the USA on B2 visa. He is considering to file an extension of stay. However, he is alos anxious that his application may be denied. What bothers him most is he thinks that denial notice is an automatic deportation order for him (which, if ture, will bar him to visit usa in future). Is that true? If he gets the denial notice and overstay, when/how the deportation letter is issued against him?

Thanks.

Comment

why didn't your friend leave the US after a short trip???? Is he/she working illegally? Why or how can this person remain in the US (an expensive country) without $$$$???? And please, don't try and tell us that you are providing everything and your friend is just "visiting" the US....when your friend got their visa, they likely told the embassy they were going to stay for a few weeks , at most....and now???? What happened to that person's job back in their country? or school?

Comment

I've gone through the similar process: I needed to extend my B visa and I've got it approved by now. It took me 4 months to get it. In order to be sure it'll have less chance of denial and your friend still wants to extend his B visa, he should start filing couple of weeks (I suggest one month!) before his present visa expires. He cannot apply for an extension after he has overstayed -he'll be deported for sure!!! And of course, only this will not guarantee anything, he must show the reason why does he need the extension and also show strong evidence that after he has got the extension he will definitely leave for his home-country. However, if he will not get the approval of the extension then I think (I'm not sure!) INS will give him some time to leave this country. That is why is very important that he starts filing the application soon enough, let's say 1 month before his visa expiration, to get any word from INS by the time his present visa is still good. And usually they let you know in 2 weeks after they've got his papers. Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation