X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130?

Hello,

I would like to know if my husband came to the united states could I file I-130 and would he be able to stay longer than he's suppose to? Or is there another form that I would have to file or do I need to contact a lawyer to help me out with this information?

Hello,

I would like to know if my husband came to the united states could I file I-130 and would he be able to stay longer than he's suppose to? Or is there another form that I would have to file or do I need to contact a lawyer to help me out with this information?

Comment

If you are a Citizen of the United States. Then you can file for Sponsorship, Work Authorization and Adjustment of Status together. In that case your husband will get work authorization within 2 - 3 months.
      If you are LPR, then you can file I-130 any time but he can not get work authorization. As far as his stay in the United States is concerned, if he is lucky to get visit visa, then he can apply for its extention of stay granted by the INS.

Comment

As long as he enters legally and is married to USC and you can verify that marrige is legal, this is the only issue. Alot of spouses are OUT OF STATUS meaning that the tourist visa, f1 student visa, etc....has expired and they stayed. My husband was a student and then we married and he quit school. We have filed but he is currently considered out of status since he is not in school. We went to special registration and they know he is out of status. We are okay and on the track to adjustment as resident. He must report in anually as special reg. for his country demands. Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation