Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Stamped in NYC

Finally....2 years after we applied we had our interview today at 26 Federal Plaza.

Details:

* Marriage to USC ( real)
    * mailed application on Dec 9th 2001
    * Interview today(Dec 9th 2003)
    * Unconditional greencard (sweet)
    * Appointment 7:45
    * Interview time: 9:30
    * Interview lasted for 15 min
    * Interviewer male. Professional
    * Tight the first 5 minutes..loosened up later
    * He was impressed by the quantity of documentation and how oeganized we were
    * Impressed by how many photo al***s we brought (they were heavy)

First thing he asked was "Did you go to special registration" so watch out brothers. When I asked him if those who didn't go would be denied, he said and I quote "I'll have to send them to be registered first"
    Anyway everything went well. The officer was great and we're so excited. Let me know if you need more info..gotta go to work now :-)

OxO

Finally....2 years after we applied we had our interview today at 26 Federal Plaza.

Details:

* Marriage to USC ( real)
    * mailed application on Dec 9th 2001
    * Interview today(Dec 9th 2003)
    * Unconditional greencard (sweet)
    * Appointment 7:45
    * Interview time: 9:30
    * Interview lasted for 15 min
    * Interviewer male. Professional
    * Tight the first 5 minutes..loosened up later
    * He was impressed by the quantity of documentation and how oeganized we were
    * Impressed by how many photo al***s we brought (they were heavy)

First thing he asked was "Did you go to special registration" so watch out brothers. When I asked him if those who didn't go would be denied, he said and I quote "I'll have to send them to be registered first"
    Anyway everything went well. The officer was great and we're so excited. Let me know if you need more info..gotta go to work now :-)

OxO

Comment

can You tell me what is ur email address? i have some questions

Comment

Way to go OxO!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Hello there,

Do you know why your case took two years to complete? Did your case stay in NY the whole time or did it get transfered.

BTW congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations on your unconditional greencard. My AOS was received on apr 4 this year...so i guess i will get my turn around apr 2005. Heard that they transfer AOS to Missouri Center now. Hope it will be faster.
            I got a question, who has to go to special registration? It's based on your origin country?
            I got my EAD on Aug this year.
            Can you timeline your process from AOS submission to EAD, Finger print,...
            I w

Comment

Yes it took 2 years to complete and this is the normal timeline for NYC AOS processing these days.

Yes my case was all processed in NYC. The Missouri thing is new.

Don't worry about special registration. If this this the first time you've heard about it, it means you're not from one of the concerned countries. Let's put it this way: If the official religion of your country is anything other than Islam, you're not required to go to special registration. Makes you wonder "Do I wanna be special?" :-)
              Andy> Timeline differs from one place to another. In my case, I filed Dec 2001, got my 1st EAD in April 2002, my second EAD in April 2003. Received correspondence with info regarding finger prints, medical and interview (all together) sometimes around June 2003. Hope this helps.
              Thank you everyone and best wished for you all.

OxO

Comment

thanks OxO, you gave me something to look forward and keep head up. So now, the only thing i can look forward to is renewing my EAD. My lawyer told me i have to send in paper 4 months before it expires.
                Do you know if it takes faster for the second EAD than the first?

Comment

I wish I can help you with that one, but When I renewd mine, I did it at Federal Plaza ( I happened to be around the neighborhood) I got my appointment immediately. As far as I understand, you can't do that anymore. EAD renewals need to be mailed. What your lawyer idvised you to do sounds right. I renewed mine 4 months before the expiration date. From what I heard, renewals are less streesfull as first time applications since they already have all your info.

Comment

Sam007 give me your email address

Comment

Congratulations!

May I ask when did you have your FP?

Thanks

Comment

End of September

Comment

Hi OxO

My email is ussors75@yahoo.com, Please add me to your messenger, aslo MSN which yahooo25@hotmail.com

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed