Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certific. Please help

In preparing the initial 129F packet for fiancee, they ask for a Birth Certificate. Locally I can not get one notarized. the notary tells me that she is not allowed?? Should I send the original or is it necesssary?

Please give me some suggestions

God Bless you all

Gracey

In preparing the initial 129F packet for fiancee, they ask for a Birth Certificate. Locally I can not get one notarized. the notary tells me that she is not allowed?? Should I send the original or is it necesssary?

Please give me some suggestions

God Bless you all

Gracey

Comment

Don't send the original. You may never get it back. You can get certified copies of your birth certificate sent to you. Contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics - I think this is the quickest way to request copies.

Comment

I sent a black & white photocopy of my birth certificate, the notary at my bank certified it - no problem.

Comment

Why u want to notarize ur birth certificate. I was asked to forward copy ot birth certificate, I just sent a plain copy not notarized and it has been accepted as such. Did u get something in writing to send a notarized copy?

Comment

you used to have to have them notarised, I don't think you HAVE to do that now. I just had both ours done & marriage certificate along with the
            I-864 because the bank did it for free! Knowing my luck BCIS will reject it!!

Comment

Birth certificates should be translated first by a person that can certify to the public notary that s/he is competent in both languages.

Comment

How about the person about whom the certificate is for? S/he knows both languages...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation