•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will spouses of LPR ever be given permission to enter fast

Hi
    I was wondering if new laws will ever be passed
    that reduce the waiting times of spouses of LPR's.
    Currently i feel these wait times are unreasonable and can't imagine how could anyone fathom having a process that takes 4+ years to reunite a couple. Realistically speaking the probablity of a marriage survivng a 4+ years seperation is not very high. Doesn't anyone in the legislative branch realize that these laws should be updated to reflect teh reality of the pople who are forced to endure these terms?

Hi
    I was wondering if new laws will ever be passed
    that reduce the waiting times of spouses of LPR's.
    Currently i feel these wait times are unreasonable and can't imagine how could anyone fathom having a process that takes 4+ years to reunite a couple. Realistically speaking the probablity of a marriage survivng a 4+ years seperation is not very high. Doesn't anyone in the legislative branch realize that these laws should be updated to reflect teh reality of the pople who are forced to endure these terms?

Comment

I totally agree.
      I also want to ask why people who are not convicted under the state law should be convicted under the immigration law, and should live in fear, that the law can change in a negative manner

Comment

The problem is that it is not so much about a law as about the total number of immigrant visas that are allowed to be given out each year. I think there are somewhere around 480,000 'authorized' and they are broken down into categories - spouse/child of LPR - son/daughter of US citizen, brothers/sisters of citizens plus various work visas. Each category has a limit and there are more people who want them and have papers on file than there are visas - so hence the backup. Look at one of the immigrant websites for the latest number and what they call 'priority dates' for these categories (the priority date is the date the application was filed)...the last time I looked at these charts, I noticed that brothers and sisters of citizens who are from the Philippines have a wait of about 20 years!

Comment

America has survived several major wars. Military soldiers were sent off to fight. They and their spouses and their families had to wait with dignity for their return home (yes, for years). Some *marriages* did not survive, but those were the less patient ones. No, the government did not think their job was to worry about people separating. That was up to the couples themselves, and people have to be accountable for something. The strong did survive. What if your spouse was to receive a million dollars to go away for I think you said 4 years? Most people would find sudden tolerance if that was the case.
          There is your test to see how *waiting* is not automatically considered an extreme suffering.

Comment

I come to this site once in awhile to learn about immigrants and the problems they are facing.
            I have read a lot of silly and illogical messages on this board and it is obvious that a lot of people need either a brain transplant, or simply need to go back to kindergaten. Your analogy about
            an LPR waiting for four years to reunite with a spouse and doing the same for a million dollars only goes to show how shallow minded you are. If you have problems thinking like an adult, i suggest you get off this site and go build castle on the beach or go and spend more time watching Barney.

Comment

though I personally don't agree that there should be a limitation to immigration anythere (Americans are not being kept out of or hindered in marrying and moving in with another citizen of most countries of this world either, right?)

I thought Blink put up a good question.

History shows us that any country that tried to isolate itself and close down its borders (the communist Easblock, China, Iran or what have you) from the world community was economically, politically, socially and humanly surpassed in one way or another by the world community.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation