X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody knows about V visa????

Hi,
    I am in the US now. and last week I got a letter from US dept.of state, stating that "you may be eligible for V visa. there is a 'nonimmigrant v visa application' too and that should be used with DS-156.
    My question is what to do next.Because my RD is sept 19/2001 and ND is sept 24/2001. As far as I know, we have to wait 3 years to apply after the Notice date for V visa . The letter has a date of April 29th. Can I apply now or should I wait until its september.

Hi,
    I am in the US now. and last week I got a letter from US dept.of state, stating that "you may be eligible for V visa. there is a 'nonimmigrant v visa application' too and that should be used with DS-156.
    My question is what to do next.Because my RD is sept 19/2001 and ND is sept 24/2001. As far as I know, we have to wait 3 years to apply after the Notice date for V visa . The letter has a date of April 29th. Can I apply now or should I wait until its september.

Comment

sorry,the RD and Nd are in 2000 not in 2001

Comment

hello,
        if you recieve v- visa documents from the state dept, the only advise i will give you is to proceed and process it.these people don't make mistake cos there policy and procedures change everyday.
        good luck and pls keep me posted.

Comment

hello,
          if you recieve v- visa documents from the state dept, the only advise i will give you is to proceed and process it.these people don't make mistake cos there policy and procedures change everyday.

Comment

hello,

Comment

Thanks, One more question.
              My last name is misspelled in the ins documents. Though we have send them letters regarding this,its still wrong. Anybody knows what should do to correct that?

Comment

Is there anybody who is ready to apply / applied for V visa from within USA? Please post here your experience.

I have got an application form from the packet sent by dept. of state. It says use with form DS-156.
                But ........
                From the following website
                http://www.immigration.com/faq/vvisa.html#vvisa-27
                the required documents are...

(i) Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status,
                with the fee required by Sec. 103.7(b)(1) of this chapter;
                (ii) The fingerprint fee as required by Sec. 103.2(e)(4) of this
                chapter;
                (iii) Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment
                of Status, without the vaccination supplement; and
                (iv) Evidence of eligibility as described by Supplement A to Form
                I-539 and in paragraph (f)(2) of this section.

(2) Evidence

which one is correct? How much is the fees?
                Please do reply.
                Thank you

Comment

One more thing ,I forgot to tell you. We married in 11/1999, but somehow filed I 130 in 09/2000.Does that play any role here?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation