Registration --Right way or Wrong way!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration --Right way or Wrong way!!

We are staying here for a better life .thats the only reason we have .We are one of those country of group 4 .we were here legally with inspection [B-2 ] and overstayed our visas. my husband's employer applied for him under 245 ,but no luck yet. we have one 12 years old doughter .now we are scare to death .if they arrest my husband [46 years old ] and put him jail what should we do ? what if our lawyer don't want to go with him in case he is busy or we can't give him the money he ask .what if they want large amount of bond what we can't pay. what if they take him other state jail where i can't drive alone. what if they don't tell me where they will keeping my husband . what if they let my husband go and then come back any day for arrest him.what if our American friends and neighbors who knows we are USC ,they found out that we are actually not USC.what if they start hating us.[i'm afraid they will ] what if my doughter's school and friends know about this .what kind of beheave they will do with her. what if he go for registration and then INS deport us. what if nothing bad happen ,everything will go smooth ,can we live our lives same as before, fearless ? these kind of thousand of quistions always on my mind. i can't think anythings else.i'm alredy feeling sick. i can't go to visit my country. i cried when i heard my dad die .i cried when i heard my grandma, aunt,uncle die ,i cried when i heard my sisters/brothers got merried .i'm living here with my crying heart .lots of tears ,lots of sleepless night,working heard for money so i can buy a telephone card and talk to my family .and thats the night i can sleep the day i can hear their voices . yes i don't have green card,i lied to get a job, to make a good friendship with my neighbors my doughters friends parents but i didnt meant to lie. i can't look at my doughter's face. when i was her age.my life was just like a princes. and i'm her poor mother ,i can't give her a better life .we try every way possible. but for some strange reason .our luck is not helping us to get legal. after we heard our country's name we can't sleep any more. we can't smile anymore. i can't look at calender anymore. "March 28" ---thats the only thing i can remember .now i'm feeling mad at my country .if my country can give me a job ,a better life then we don't have to be out of status/illegal. no one want this kind of scary / unsecure life . We just wanted a better life. nothing else.Now we are thinking just like him " To go or not to go that is the question " --we want to go for registration ,but not in jail ,we want to go back my country today or tomorrow but not like this way. if INS arresting peoples for out of status ,and keeping them jail. then why this "Life act " 245---why this adjustment of status //why they are giving these chance for ? penalty for ? why we are paying tax for? why we are paying $1000 penalty for each of us for adjustment of status ? and then if my husband go for registar they will keep him detaine for bond ,thats mean they wants more money from us ? If any real INS officer is in this board and read this then could you please answer me ??? Do you really think you can catch any terrorist this way ? Do you really think you can safe /secure USA and Americans this way ? why don't you ask our[ illegals/out of status/overstayed ] help. If someone is real nice person ,if someone really want to stay here legaly ,if someone hate this terrorism then they must speack out. if someone know there is a terrorist between them ,between their friends, their comunity ,and you guys offer them green card ,don't you think they will come forward ? I sure will .Because i hate those peoples who are hurting innocents and i want to stay here legally because i love USA .This country gave me something which my country never can give me. freedom of women, and respect the law .So, if i want to stay this country --i sure want this country's safety for me ,for my family .Finally INS wake up, trying to do something for USA but this seems like not the right way. This is the wrong way .It will only going to bring ,more sadness. Want to say more but can't find the right words. whatever i'm saying here --all from the bottom of my crying heart ,don't want to hurt anyone. In case i did .then i'm SORRY !

We are staying here for a better life .thats the only reason we have .We are one of those country of group 4 .we were here legally with inspection [B-2 ] and overstayed our visas. my husband's employer applied for him under 245 ,but no luck yet. we have one 12 years old doughter .now we are scare to death .if they arrest my husband [46 years old ] and put him jail what should we do ? what if our lawyer don't want to go with him in case he is busy or we can't give him the money he ask .what if they want large amount of bond what we can't pay. what if they take him other state jail where i can't drive alone. what if they don't tell me where they will keeping my husband . what if they let my husband go and then come back any day for arrest him.what if our American friends and neighbors who knows we are USC ,they found out that we are actually not USC.what if they start hating us.[i'm afraid they will ] what if my doughter's school and friends know about this .what kind of beheave they will do with her. what if he go for registration and then INS deport us. what if nothing bad happen ,everything will go smooth ,can we live our lives same as before, fearless ? these kind of thousand of quistions always on my mind. i can't think anythings else.i'm alredy feeling sick. i can't go to visit my country. i cried when i heard my dad die .i cried when i heard my grandma, aunt,uncle die ,i cried when i heard my sisters/brothers got merried .i'm living here with my crying heart .lots of tears ,lots of sleepless night,working heard for money so i can buy a telephone card and talk to my family .and thats the night i can sleep the day i can hear their voices . yes i don't have green card,i lied to get a job, to make a good friendship with my neighbors my doughters friends parents but i didnt meant to lie. i can't look at my doughter's face. when i was her age.my life was just like a princes. and i'm her poor mother ,i can't give her a better life .we try every way possible. but for some strange reason .our luck is not helping us to get legal. after we heard our country's name we can't sleep any more. we can't smile anymore. i can't look at calender anymore. "March 28" ---thats the only thing i can remember .now i'm feeling mad at my country .if my country can give me a job ,a better life then we don't have to be out of status/illegal. no one want this kind of scary / unsecure life . We just wanted a better life. nothing else.Now we are thinking just like him " To go or not to go that is the question " --we want to go for registration ,but not in jail ,we want to go back my country today or tomorrow but not like this way. if INS arresting peoples for out of status ,and keeping them jail. then why this "Life act " 245---why this adjustment of status //why they are giving these chance for ? penalty for ? why we are paying tax for? why we are paying $1000 penalty for each of us for adjustment of status ? and then if my husband go for registar they will keep him detaine for bond ,thats mean they wants more money from us ? If any real INS officer is in this board and read this then could you please answer me ??? Do you really think you can catch any terrorist this way ? Do you really think you can safe /secure USA and Americans this way ? why don't you ask our[ illegals/out of status/overstayed ] help. If someone is real nice person ,if someone really want to stay here legaly ,if someone hate this terrorism then they must speack out. if someone know there is a terrorist between them ,between their friends, their comunity ,and you guys offer them green card ,don't you think they will come forward ? I sure will .Because i hate those peoples who are hurting innocents and i want to stay here legally because i love USA .This country gave me something which my country never can give me. freedom of women, and respect the law .So, if i want to stay this country --i sure want this country's safety for me ,for my family .Finally INS wake up, trying to do something for USA but this seems like not the right way. This is the wrong way .It will only going to bring ,more sadness. Want to say more but can't find the right words. whatever i'm saying here --all from the bottom of my crying heart ,don't want to hurt anyone. In case i did .then i'm SORRY !

Comment

Hi Ruba:

I am a USC and i am very sorry about what you are going through. I am not very tolerant about illegal immigration, but I do believe in human beings and people are people first.

I will say a prayer that your 245 goes through before your husband has to register. This is a very unfortunate situation, but America is trying to watch her borders and this is the best way they know how.

My only problem with this is..."would a terrorist really register in the first place???"

but anyway, I hope all goes well.

Comment

You said that you're country is opressive towards women, and that you don't have any freedom as a women in you're home country...

I am not an immigration lawyer, but have you grounds to file for asylum??

Comment

You have valid points but its not the INS, Its the congress ,who make these Laws, Its the congress who didnot think about the people who are under AOS.
          INS is just like a police who, impose the Law. This Law was written in 1996 and Actually INS was not applied this Law promptly inthe past, thats the reason lots of people don't even knew that this Law exists.
          Finally INS is applying those laws which was written years ago and INS did many mistakes in the Past thats why department is abolished.

I,m not speaking in favour of INS but the fact of the Law, No one was opposed this Law in Sept 1996. This law is against family unity (section 301), lot of family get hurts and still hurting because of act of 1996.
          There are certain countries who have to register and whoever have past violation of the law can be detained and may be deported or bond. It doesnot means that only certain countries people can be detained. The fact is theses country's people must register themselves with INS. INS has a tendency to check every one for past violation whoever comes to their doors for any purpose. Lets say if I overstayed my visa in the past and I have to go for INS for any reason they will check me for past violation and detain me even if i,m not from the countries listed for special registration.
          Congress will not be able to catch the terrorist But they will be able to catch votes by this law.

Think about it:
          They only register the people who are from certain country, terrorist are everywhere.
          terrorist can come as different nationality which is not the part of registration. ( richard Reed Case)
          there are big accountable number of illigal aliens who will never register, because they are here illigally and they will be deported.
          Terrorist can come thru illigal crossing and never register.
          No terrorist will come forward to register because they don't want status in this country , they are here (if govt. thinks they are in this country) on mission and they are part of sucide attack.( that what we've seen in 9/11). only people who need to live life here will come forward to register.
          Now tell me where the heck US government is serious about catching the culprits?
          its just bank the votes? we people have to punish, neither Congress nor INS cares .

Comment

Thank you B for your prayer . Thats the only things we need most right now.

I'm from Bangladesh .No, we never apply for asylum. and when i said ,freedom of women, its not only the country i meant ,its included our husband's family .

and Mohan ,what i heard --they are taking lots of peoples in detained because of their out of status or because overstayed their visas. Nobody saying that they had past violation .if you are right and i'm hoping you are ,in that case we have nothing to worry about .but are you sure about this ? Please reply me.thanks.

Comment

Ruba,

You said that yr husband filed for AOS under 245 and that you paid 1000 dollars each..so you are having a pending case...do you have a receipt for that ? than you yr husband can just go register and take that receipt with him...in general those who have a pending case have nothing to fear...
              yr story is so sad though...yr talking about tears and tears and tears and a crying heart,
              did you think once about going for good back to your country ? you said you';re here for a better life...is it a better life to strugle and work hard just to afford a phone card as you said just to call yr family ??? you said you were like a princess in yr country ( ANd im sure you were ) when you were yr daughter's age...where is the better life you are talking about ??? members of yr family are dying and you are away from them,..others are getting married and you are away ? so by the end you are working like a slave for a better life without having one plus you are deprived from the most important thing in life, yr family...did you ask your self why ??? just because you love america ??? i don't think so...I am not being judgemental..I feel you ..i was sad to read yr story,,,but i am just trying to understand it.

Comment

Oh no no --you misunderstood me .i'm not here just because i love America. In my country my husband can bit me anytime he want. Here i don't have my 8 sister-in-laws who bossing me around 24 hours in my every step. when i was there i have to take their permission to call my mom's house ,i have to tell them exactly when i haveto come back from outside and if i lete they made my life hell. when i was there, i never can dream to divorce my husband. people think a divorce women is a bad women. its all her fault . and now. he can't bit me anymore. he have to think about "911". I love my husband .i want to stay with him rest of my life. nobody enterupting our life now. I don't have to take anyone permission to call my mom and my family .i can talk to them as much as i want. I don't have to explain anyone why i'm late while i'm outside .I don't have to afraid of THAM. but if i go back it will be exactly same again. you or no one ever understand what kind of life i'm talking about.my life is going smooth without them. I'm very happy here . or anywhere except my country .but i never mean that i don't want to go visit my country .my family is there .I'm mssing them so much.i want to go. but i dont' want to stay there. this is what i meant. and you not gonna believe this but unfortunately i'm not the only one this kind of situation. lots of our country's women is suffering the same way. Its our culture i guess.

Comment

also no we don't have anything pending. i wanted to say we have to pay 1000 doller for each --in future when we will apply for adjustment .after we get our EAD .which is taking more then 16 months.but nothing yet.

Comment

OK Dear Ruba, I understand you better now..it's much better to work hard and not make a penny but you live in a dignity nobody bosses you around or beat you...I agree...
                    was yr daughter born here ? how long have you been in the states ??
                    I think you can file for cacellation of deportation if you have been for more than 10 years or something like that.
                    but believe me it's better to go register otherwise if one day you want to adjust yr statut it will be hard for you...
                    try to put more information here..how long you have been here and where was yr daugther born and so on..ther is a nice helpful guy on this board (MOHAN) may be he can advise you...
                    good luck to you

Comment

Violation means Immigration Violation, we are talking immigration here not Motorvehicle violation or criminal violation. its not only overstay Visa it can be anything related to Immigration.

Comment

Thanks ZWWW. its almost 10 years .and yes ,my husband says ,he will go for registration no matter what .and Mohan ,i understand they can put him detain for overstaying if they want .This is what my fear for .I'll probably come back with more questions later. Thanks a lot . and please keep going with your good works .

Comment

That's all immigrants (even if they're illegal) should say, that they'll go to the Special Registration.

Comment

....That's what all immigrants (even if they're illegal) should say, that they'll go to the Special Registration....

Comment

I understand exactly how hard it is for you, Ruba. I come from Pakistan and although I have been more than fortunate to have very nice in-laws and a wonderful husband, I know a lot of people who go through what you have gone through back in your homeland. I do hope things work out for you. You're tight on time, but I would think, just in case the US option doesn't work out for you, you may consider moving to Canada. It does take six months for your landing papers to arrive when you apply from within the US, and from what i understand, the length of processing depends on where you're interview is set ( my parents went to Turkey... their processing time was about a year) but it's also an option to get away from the turmoil you face back home. Mostly I hope you won't have to go back, but in case you do end up going back, try applying for Canadian Immigration there. I don't know how much things have changed since 9/11, but I think it's still an easier and legal way to be free. And you'll be able to visit home as often as you want once you're a landed immigrant. From what I understand you may be able to apply for immigration from within Canada, but you might want to check on that. Perhaps going there on a visit visa and applying may be an option. Check with a lawyer and see what options you have in that regard. I wish you all the best, Ruba.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation