Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiance not eligible for Voluntary Departure!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the proper word for what the Catholic church (and probably others) wants its flock to believe is DOGMA, not DOCTRINE. Remember, the CAtholic church wants you to do what it says, not what is does (like molest children if you are a priest - apparently that DOCTRINE is acceptable).
    Whoever would give over their intellect to such an organization deserves everything they get.

Comment

I am so sorry that you are uneducated enough to believe that the Catholic doctrine is molesting children... weren't there a couple ministers of another christian religion recently found doing the same thing? Maybe you think that means that it was Christ's teaching... but whether or not you are a christian you should probably review some of the teachings before passing judgement on something you know nothing about.

and I am only discussing the standardized beliefs of churches not what one chooses to beleive. But if one is to rely on the teachings of God to make claims they ought to be knowledgeable about what people who study God for a living believe. You see whether you agree or disagree God has his morals and they were not set by the US government (in fact the burning bush incident occured several thousand years before the US government existed) and the burning bush is old testament... (which central to three world religions, by the way)

now I would like to suggest that we leave this topic to juju and open a new post under the heading of religion if anyone wants to continue this conversation.

My apologies Juju.

Comment

I will post this reply to the comments posted here, rather than to create a new discussion with which NO ONE WILL AGREE - on either side of illegal immigration and whether it is a "right" or "wrong" thing to do.

It is obvious from the messages that no illegal immigrant thinks he's done anything whatsoever "wrong" and no ANTI illegal immigrant thinks an illegal immigrant can be "right" so take it for however it suits you.

BIBLE STUDY

How do we know what God thinks? The Bible is His Word. How do we interpret what His Word says about our behavior today?

The greatest character building book ever published is the Bible. Throughout its pages, those mental, spiritual, and physical qualities which contribute to building character are recommended and urged upon mankind, and men everywhere are told about those qualities which contribute to the building of good character.

Listed are both positive qualities and the negative qualities which prevent the development of a worthy character.

Character Building Qualities/Character Destroying Qualities

Abstinence/Indulgence
        Morality/Immorality
        Thrift/Extravagance
        Work/Laziness

Intellectual Qualities/Intellectual Destroying Qualities

Agreeableness/Disagreeableness
        Ambition/Dissatisfaction
        Analysis/Confusion
        Cheerfulness/Gloominess
        Concentration/Vascillation
        Courtesy/Discourtesy
        Diligence/Slothfulness
        Diplomacy/Impudence
        Fairmindedness/Suspicion
        Knowledge/Ignorance
        Obedience/Disobedience
        Observation/Heedlessness
        Open-mindedness/Egotism
        Reason/Imbecility
        System/Carelessness
        Tact/Indiscretion
        Wisdom/Foolishness

Spiritual Qualities/Spiritual Destroying Qualities

Charity/Malice
        Chastity/Lust
        Conscientiousness/Unscrupulousness
        Contentment/Dissatisfaction
        Courage/Cowardice
        Desire/Self-satisfaction
        Encouragement/Discouragement
        Faith/Doubt
        Gentleness/Harshness
        Gratitude/Unthankfulness
        Honor/Dishonor
        Loyalty/Disloyalty
        Patience/Impatience
        Patriotism/Treason
        Religion/Atheism
        Self-Control/Impulsiveness
        Temperance/Intemperance
        Truth/Falsehood
        Unselfishness/Selfishness
        Virtue/Impurity

Comment

Now if anyone would like to do the research, it's not at all hard. Each of the attributes I've written above are described in scripture and can be found in any Concordance or in any theology book in any book store.

If illegal immigrants believe that God is "on their side" perhaps they'll want to just make sure. If ANTI illegal immigrants believe that God will judge illegal immigrants poorly perhaps they'll want to just make sure.

Comment

Would you people please STOP talking about GOD?! I don't see the relevance.

Comment

spouse - Jesus not only talked about disobedience to God and disobedience in general, He also told His followers not to break the laws (of the land) on earth. He said to obey the laws of the very government which crucified Him, that they should place their morality first in their concerns.

Also found in scripture.

Comment

Find a religion forum to share your beliefs! This is not the right place.

Comment

The bible tells me that I should not judge others therefore that is exactly what I will try not to do in this case. I love my husband and hurt that he is judged on an external label when in all reality he meets every characteristic on the left hand side of the list previously provided (with the possible exception of patriotism to his own country, he demonstrates a larger degree of patriotism to the country of which he would like to be a part.)

But g you are right. This is not a religious forum I bow out of this conversation.

Comment

I posted a lot about God because, we can all turn to Him to find comfort. He may not grant our prayers because He has something better for us. Janiss, you mentioned God in your post, please emember He is also a forgiving God. We are all sinners, but God still love us because we were all created in His own likeness and image. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son John 3:16. Remember, the story of the prodigal son?
                    For I know the plans I have for you declared the Lord, plans to give you hope and future, Jeremiah 29:11.
                    St. Paul , he was in prison and he was freed up.

God is the only ONE who can judge us, no question about it. If anyone thinks that I am using God to promote and support fraud, you ARE ALL WRONG. I just want to make it clear, that I just want to remind everybody that He made us all special. Just something to share, I am preparing for my son's 1st birthday party, have you heard about veggie tales?, perhaps we can start from there, teaching our children the value of life by practicing honesty, love, respect, obedience, and forgiviness. I thought I could share this to many children, (future leaders of this country) and I can help them in my own little way.

If I offend anyone by mentioning God's name in my post, please excuse me, but that will not stop me from sharing His awesome love and forgiveness to anyone who needs it.

God bless you all.

afriend

P.S. To Juju: Hang in there, remember God loves the little children -- that's us!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation