Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiance not eligible for Voluntary Departure!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance not eligible for Voluntary Departure!!!

Hi Everyone. I really need help if anyone could offer any advice or assistance. I just wrote this letter and somehow it got lost, so if it comes up again...

OK. Bilal was sent to Krome INS about 2 weeks ago. They told him it would be 3-4 weeks before he would be able to see a judge, at which time I figured he would be able to ask for voluntary departure. He got a new deportation officer Tuesday. I just finally got a hold of him on the phone this afternoon. He told me that Bilal is not eligible for voluntary departure - that he will be deported because of how he entered the country. I have never ever read anything to the effect that he would be ineligible for voluntary departure. Does anyone know anything about this? Using a false passport is by no means a crime of moral turpitude.

The only thing I can think of is that he might have to be a relative of a US Citizen in order to get VD under the Family Unity Act. But I have never read this anywhere except for when I did a search for a VD application, and it fell under the Family Unity Act.

I am seriously freaking out now. The ramifications of deportation are far more grave than voluntary departure, as we all know, and I'm sure it will screw any chance of going to Canada up as well. Maybe they won't even let him back into Jordan and he will be one of those people held in prison year after year because no one will take him. I'm going to be sick - and I have parent teacher conferences There is never a good time for these things, is there?

Thank you to anyone who could offer any words of wisdom. I really don't know what to do anymore...

Tuya,
    juju

Hi Everyone. I really need help if anyone could offer any advice or assistance. I just wrote this letter and somehow it got lost, so if it comes up again...

OK. Bilal was sent to Krome INS about 2 weeks ago. They told him it would be 3-4 weeks before he would be able to see a judge, at which time I figured he would be able to ask for voluntary departure. He got a new deportation officer Tuesday. I just finally got a hold of him on the phone this afternoon. He told me that Bilal is not eligible for voluntary departure - that he will be deported because of how he entered the country. I have never ever read anything to the effect that he would be ineligible for voluntary departure. Does anyone know anything about this? Using a false passport is by no means a crime of moral turpitude.

The only thing I can think of is that he might have to be a relative of a US Citizen in order to get VD under the Family Unity Act. But I have never read this anywhere except for when I did a search for a VD application, and it fell under the Family Unity Act.

I am seriously freaking out now. The ramifications of deportation are far more grave than voluntary departure, as we all know, and I'm sure it will screw any chance of going to Canada up as well. Maybe they won't even let him back into Jordan and he will be one of those people held in prison year after year because no one will take him. I'm going to be sick - and I have parent teacher conferences There is never a good time for these things, is there?

Thank you to anyone who could offer any words of wisdom. I really don't know what to do anymore...

Tuya,
    juju

Comment

Hi. I have no real words of wisdom , as I know nothing about it really. I am terribly sorry to hear about the situation though.

If it makes you feel any better it shouldn't necessarily affect your chances of going to canada. My husband got a visa to ireland with a canceled multi entry visa to the USA in his passport...

Anyway... I have to run to a meeting now.. but if I think of any words of wisdom for you I will let you know.

Take care and don't worry too much... there is always a possibility out there, even if it isn't what you originally thought!!

Comment

Juju,
        I don't know anything about Voluntary Departure, but I will definitely get back to you when I find any. I will be praying for you, just remember, God has better plans. God will make a way, when there's seems to be no way.

God bless you and take care.

Comment

It sounds like when he tried to enter the U.S. he did not have any valid documents to do so. When this happens, INS charges him as an arriving alien. As an arriving alien, he is ineligible to seek voluntary departure. The other alternative is to withdraw his application for admission, and leave, this way he will not have a removal order in effect. However, INS has to agree to him withdrawing his application for admission.

tdixon@lawyer.com

Comment

Lots of people suggested to juju to go to Canada, then send for (sponsor) her bf (or husband) after he's been deported by the INS. Can you comment on if that can happen?

Comment

Are you people suggesting that God should help out someone who is breaking the law??I think God expects all of us to obey the laws. Whether we like them or not. Maybe all this trouble is because God is mad as hell at these people who seem to think that the law does not include them or that their case is "special". I notice that all you people who try and sneak in here end up with something bad happening to you. Do you think maybe God is trying to tell you something??

Comment

Janiss are you really Janiss?

Why are you on this board. Just to spew your anti immigrant hatred or do you have a purpose to your life?

Please don't tell me God is on your side. BTW, the laws can be changed and wha is illegal today can be legal tomorrow.

Comment

to Guest: Fraud is, well, FRAUD. A person using a phony passport and/or visa to gain admission to the US is committing fraud - pure and simple. That is the LAW. Rewarding perpetrators of fraud is a bad idea - where would it stop? ACcording to some of you clowns we should give away green cards to anyone - border security and economic security apparently mean little to some of you. Of course, we always hear how your case is "special" and it is only the other cases that are bad. What baloney. Perhaps you think we should reward bank robbers (with cash?) or drunk drivers (with a new car?)? Grow up. The US makes it laws and rules and has established penalties for those who violate them. If you don't like it, consider a move to Antarctica.

Comment

First - Janiss. There is something in Psychology term the just world hypothesis. This is the mistaken belief held by many people that people get what is coming to them. That people did something to deserve their not so positive lot in life. It is used as a mechanism of protection by people in order to make themselves feel more comfortable and feel like the things that happen to others couldn't happen to them.

Unfortunately, it is also an excuse for a great deal of mistreatment and negative attitudes towards others, such as the physicall or mentally disabled (they must have done something to deserve that), people who are poor, women who were raped, etc. etc.

Think before you make assumptions of such a idiotic nature. My God is one who loves us and appreciates moral actions not human laws. Otherwise God would have to support all of the dictator's and other governments of which we are not supposed to approve. Oh and one more question... which religion are you? The doctrinces of many Christian (at least) religions are actually anti-immigration laws because they find them immoral and against the teachings of Christ.

Second, the more important issue (sorry to put it second.) CANADA - Yes (in my opinion) it should be completely possible to move to Canada, even with a bar from the United States. Canada is a separate country and is not subject to our laws, therefore being barred from the USA is not being barred from Canada. It may make things somewhat more difficult, however, if you can adequately prove that the person should be allowed to enter Canada under their laws and proves no danger to the country or citizens of the country - the individual should be allowed in.

Comment

Thank you, everyone, yet again for your time and words of advice. It really has meant a lot to me not to have to go this alone.

I am just so disillusioned after all of the hours of research and talking with people to have it come down to this - that there is absolutely nothing I can do. I never read anywhere that he is not eligible for VD. I read that only people who commit very bad crimes are ineligible for this (eg - murder, rape, drug dealing, alien smuggling...). The deportation officer told me he was ineligible for VD because he entered illegally. I really don't think this is true. But perhaps something in the law has changed that I don't know of. But to not even be able to see an immigration judge? I thought everyone was able to do that! I am sure that if he could see one, he would be granted VD.

Please ignore those people who only wish to persecute. They would do well to read some of the words of Jesus - eg. something about throwing the first stone? I think my fiance and I have been punished more than adequately and I'm sure that he has learned his lesson. Those who want to administer never-ending punishment to those who have committed rather petty crimes should get a grip on reality.

Comment

To Spouse - so, your God does not approve of dictators? Then why didn't he remove all of these people from office? When did he tell you that he appreciates moral actions? Is using a fake passport and visa a moral action?
                        Should we dispense with all human law and just let each of us act according to what God "tells" us? Or should we all contact you for guidance, since you seem to have an "inside track" to this diety?
                        I must admit that after reviewing parts of the Bible, I did not see any mention of Christ making decisions about who crosses what border. Did I miss a chapter somewhere?
                        Where did it state that Christ was or is anti immigrant? Where does state that immigration is somehow immoral? Which of the ten commandments refers to immigration law?
                        Better yet, how about a reality check......

Comment

If you know your Bible, then you understand the word "OBEDIENCE." Starting in the Garden of Eden (when Eve, then Adam, DISOBEYED) and moving to Lot's wife (turned into a pillar of salt for DISOBEDIENCE), then to Moses (bannished from the Promise Land for DISOBEDIENCE), the entire Old Testament illustrates the profound importance and need to OBEY.

Actually, the poster called SPOUSE is right. The God of Christians would not be pleased at all with illegal immigrants who break the law - whether in Rome or in the U.S.

Then, in the New Testament, the disciples asked Jesus if they could rise up against the tax collectors (the government) and refuse to pay because the tax collectors were corrupt, and Jesus said NO.

Comment

To Christian: So if God is so displeased with those who have broken immigration laws (and presumably not just in the United States) then why doesn't he (she) deport their a$$ back to whatever place they came from? Or maybe "teledeport" them? Why is he(she) letting them stay?
                            More to the point, how does any human being KNOW what God (or any other diety) is thinking? And what does tax collecting have to do with illegal immigration, fraud, etc?????

Comment

Ok. I don't claim to know what God is thinking although (for Christians) in the new testament Jesus was pretty adamant about equality, love, and not discriminating (the good samaratin, mary magdalene, not throwing the first stone etc. etc.)

There is also the issue of Free Agency of an individual (which means that God doesn't actually have to be on the side of both Bush and Hussein, in fact, He could be on neither side.)

Also, to clarify, I said numerous christian religions (like Catholicism) have DOCTRINES that are in favor of immigration, which is why you can often get legal help through the Catholic church, etc. In fact many Catholic churches at least actually aid illegal immigrants in many ways (legal advice, providing shelter, etc.)

If you are at all concerned about whether or not your church supports immigration and whether or not they think that discrimination against the poor, rather than trying to help the poor, is unjust, I would recommend that you call your priest, minister, rabbi, monk, etc. etc. etc. and ask them what your church's official doctrine says and WHY it says that. Some churches may not have a doctrine at all, but even then there may be an accepted point of view and perhaps your religious leader can explain their reasoning and what the bible, the koran, or the old testament say about these things better than most of us who have not devoted our entire lives to religion.

However for those of you who are curious, I will attempt to take a look through the bible to find more more directly pertinent quotes if the well known prior teachings are not enough. (if I find any I will post them in a separate posting)

by the way Christian, I don't know if you ever processed this, but obedience to God is what is important... not obedience to mankind. In fact, Jesus was pretty much a rebel. In fact, they hung him on the cross next to two thieves.
                              However, my intention was not to distract this board from the real hardship of what Juju is experiencing. So, Juju... have you attempted to contact a lawyer about this? It may be worth the investment and they can probably guide you better than anyone. If you do call anyone or find anything out please let us all know.

I wish you strength during this time. If you can think of anything you need, please let me know and I will try to help.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation