Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hello everybody. My name is allan. I am sponsoring my wife to obtain her legal permanent residency.We live in n.y.c.She has taken her fingerprits last month.We are scheduled to have the adjustment of status interview next month.I am a u.S. citizen and my wife is a native of trinidad.In april of 1989 i pled guilty to a drug related felony (conspiracy) .I was arrested in connection with a drug investigation on long island.I made a big mistake getting involved in that sort of thing.I was sentenced to 1-3 years in n.y. state prison.When I was arrested they put a different birth date than my own birth date due to a clerical error in the conviction information.This is the only time that i have been in trouble in my life. FOr the past 5 years i have been employed by mta n.y.c. transit which is a N.Y. state government agency. IT is my understanding that the I.N.S. runs the petitioners name and the beneficiarys name through the ibis computer system which is a combination of various government databases as a security check before they will approve the petition.What do you think the chances are that they will get a "hit" on me the U.S> citizen petitioner?Would they deny the petition because of this and order my wife to leave the country?We have a good immigration lawyer.I have not told my wife or the attorney about the mistake that i made along time ago.I am losing sleep over this.I pray everyday that this information willnot come up when the I>N>S> runs my name through the IBIS databases.I appreciate everybodys response to my situation.I love my wife and i pray that a mistake that i made along time ago doesnt screw up her chance of becoming a legal permanent resident.We also just bought a house and i need her income to help pay the mortage.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic im very worried about ibis and adjustment of status for wife

im very worried about ibis and adjustment of status for wife

Hello everybody. My name is allan. I am sponsoring my wife to obtain her legal permanent residency.We live in n.y.c.She has taken her fingerprits last month.We are scheduled to have the adjustment of status interview next month.I am a u.S. citizen and my wife is a native of trinidad.In april of 1989 i pled guilty to a drug related felony (conspiracy) .I was arrested in connection with a drug investigation on long island.I made a big mistake getting involved in that sort of thing.I was sentenced to 1-3 years in n.y. state prison.When I was arrested they put a different birth date than my own birth date due to a clerical error in the conviction information.This is the only time that i have been in trouble in my life. FOr the past 5 years i have been employed by mta n.y.c. transit which is a N.Y. state government agency. IT is my understanding that the I.N.S. runs the petitioners name and the beneficiarys name through the ibis computer system which is a combination of various government databases as a security check before they will approve the petition.What do you think the chances are that they will get a "hit" on me the U.S> citizen petitioner?Would they deny the petition because of this and order my wife to leave the country?We have a good immigration lawyer.I have not told my wife or the attorney about the mistake that i made along time ago.I am losing sleep over this.I pray everyday that this information willnot come up when the I>N>S> runs my name through the IBIS databases.I appreciate everybodys response to my situation.I love my wife and i pray that a mistake that i made along time ago doesnt screw up her chance of becoming a legal permanent resident.We also just bought a house and i need her income to help pay the mortage.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney