Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know what a fiance visa is? Do I need one for my spouse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know what a fiance visa is? Do I need one for my spouse?

My spouse and I have been together for a year. He is from Mexico and we are planning on getting married soon. I really don't know much about the process to start his paper's to become legal. He entered the U.S. illegal. Can someone give me advice?

My spouse and I have been together for a year. He is from Mexico and we are planning on getting married soon. I really don't know much about the process to start his paper's to become legal. He entered the U.S. illegal. Can someone give me advice?

Comment

You called him your spouse but said you aren't married yet. Are you married? If he entered illegally I don't think there's anything you can do, but if he returns to his country and you apply for a fiance visa (permission for him to come here to marry you), that might work.

Comment

at this time, because your "spouse" entered the country illegally, he cannot adjust his status here. This is very clear case.
        Of course the law may change in the future.

Comment

NO, WE ARE NOT MARRIED YET. WHAT IS THE WAITING PROCESS FOR A FIANCE VISA, AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

Comment

his k1 (or k3 if you get married sooner) will be approved BUT he will be denied a visa and barred from entering the US for up to 10 years. At that point you (you are a US citizen? ) must file for a hardship waiver.

Its a looooooooooooooooooong road. Good luck.

Comment

Am,en to that rpc!It is an awful road......It does not matter married or not, kids or not with him. Right now there is NOTHING an illegal can do to adjust his status here. Chica, I am going through the same thing I believe this is the most miserable thing I have ever been through. We have 1 kid together and there is still nothing that can be done. Hardship waivers are almost immposible ( I have tried this also)We just have to wait for the laws to change (who knows when) and hope and pray that they are not deported in this waiting time.

Also may I ask, which state are you in?

Comment

I think everyone has already said everything.
                I just wanted to say good luck - my heart goes out to you.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed