Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate filing of I-130

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is wrong. I recently married my longtime USC girlfriend and she mailed the I-130 to the Service Center, not realizing she could have filed the whole package of I-485, etc. together. What would happen if we sent a new I-130, I-485...etc. to our local office, as was required. Should we then wait until we get a response from then before taking away the earlier filed I-130. (I was told it is much shorter if you file all concurrently, so, I thought maybe it would be better to refile) any suggestions? I have overstayed my student visa (entered legally) because ran out of funds, and was going to get married anyway. Thanks for any suggestions. We don't want to do anything illegal, but I think it's better if we file all parts together, but don't know if we'll get in trouble if we have two I-130s out there for a bit.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is wrong. I recently married my longtime USC girlfriend and she mailed the I-130 to the Service Center, not realizing she could have filed the whole package of I-485, etc. together. What would happen if we sent a new I-130, I-485...etc. to our local office, as was required. Should we then wait until we get a response from then before taking away the earlier filed I-130. (I was told it is much shorter if you file all concurrently, so, I thought maybe it would be better to refile) any suggestions? I have overstayed my student visa (entered legally) because ran out of funds, and was going to get married anyway. Thanks for any suggestions. We don't want to do anything illegal, but I think it's better if we file all parts together, but don't know if we'll get in trouble if we have two I-130s out there for a bit.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation