Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration question? Help

I was asked by one of my friends to be his co-sponsor. But he is the father of an americian son, He payes taxes, ownes his own buisness and makes more money than me. Why can he not sponsor himself because of his son?

I was asked by one of my friends to be his co-sponsor. But he is the father of an americian son, He payes taxes, ownes his own buisness and makes more money than me. Why can he not sponsor himself because of his son?

Comment

WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH WAY IS FASTER IN PETITIONING: I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN PLANNING TO PETITION MY OVER 21 YEAR OLD MARRIED AND UNMARRIED SIBLINGS OR THROUGH MY MOM WHO IS A LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT? PLEASE REPLY...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Comment

Randy,
        how your friend Adjusting. what base>
        His son should be 18 to sponsor him.
        He might be making more money then you but not declaring to IRS. IF he is paying taxes then he can file I-864A as himself ans his income willbe counted toward the poverty line.

Comment

my amatuer advice - as mohan says it depends on who his primary sponsor is. is it his wife? son? relative? anyway, perhaps that person's income is not over the poverty line and this guy is not aware that he can use his own assets and income on the affadavit of support. either that, or as mohan said, his income as reported to the IRS is not over 125% of the poverty line.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation