Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy, Umesh, Anyone! AOS interview question

I have a concern from reading the "AOS Stamp" postings.

Our AOS interview is Tuesday.

I submitted the AOS package with copy of our 2002 joint Federal tax return and have copy of joint state return, which I filed after submitting AOS package. (Totally forgot to file state taxes before sending AOS, as I didn't have to file state taxes where I used to live).

The latest tax return from our co-sponsor is from 2001. They have an "over the phone" extension for their 2002 taxes until August 15th. Sponsor said their 2002 return will have a negative effect, as their business took a loss.

do you think BCIS will request their 2002 tax returns and hold up our case?

If all goes well, at what point should we request hubby's passport to be stamped "authorized to travel?" His mama is not well, and we would like to be covered in case he has to visit his homeland before he gets green card in mail.

I have a concern from reading the "AOS Stamp" postings.

Our AOS interview is Tuesday.

I submitted the AOS package with copy of our 2002 joint Federal tax return and have copy of joint state return, which I filed after submitting AOS package. (Totally forgot to file state taxes before sending AOS, as I didn't have to file state taxes where I used to live).

The latest tax return from our co-sponsor is from 2001. They have an "over the phone" extension for their 2002 taxes until August 15th. Sponsor said their 2002 return will have a negative effect, as their business took a loss.

do you think BCIS will request their 2002 tax returns and hold up our case?

If all goes well, at what point should we request hubby's passport to be stamped "authorized to travel?" His mama is not well, and we would like to be covered in case he has to visit his homeland before he gets green card in mail.

Comment

You can ask your co-sponsor to give you a Notarized letter that they have requested extension for filing Income Tax Returns and are granted time till September, 2003. As far Stamp on Passport is concerned, if they are satisfied and will clear the case then they will stamp the Passport for Green Card.
      Good luck.

Comment

ty umesh!

Comment

ty ty ty

Comment

BCIS requires usually three yrs' tax-returns in order to evaluate the income for affidavit of support form. However, as you said that the co-sponsor got extention over the phone for their 2002 taxes until August 15, as well their return will have negative effect since business took loss, so in this case BCIS may hold the application until the income requirment is met whether from the same co-sponsor or another one, because the combined income must be of 125% above the poverty guideline established by the govt. What I heard from situation, I would say that BCIS would hold yr hubby case since this is prime requirement for p.residency.

If everything goes well at the interview, the adjudication officer would affix a stamp for processing of I-551, and you should ask the officer that is this stamp okay for travel purpose, because each offices have different procedural rules and most of time they don't put any stamp for travel because they honored the other remarks of stamp for travel purpose as same, so it is better to ask them clearly in order to avoid any inconviences to him. Good Luck.

Comment

Josephine, in my case officer told me that they do not stamp the visa "authorized for travel" He red stamped it valid for (1) year and it says valid for work.

Comment

your husband should apply for advance parole if his case won't approve or decide at the interivew because his mother is sick.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation