Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between I130 and 485 and what's the Purpose? Mohan, linda, Moesh..ANYONE!! Please Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between I130 and 485 and what's the Purpose? Mohan, linda, Moesh..ANYONE!! Please Help

Can someone please tell us what is the difference between I130 and 485 and how long it takes to get them? What is the purpose behind the two alsso. Thank you.

go to http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/index.htm
    and read under legal permanent residency

Comment

I-130: Alien Relative Petition. When a spouse or close relative who is either a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident wishes to petition on your behalf so that you may then obtain lawful permanent residence.

I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident. The form you, the alien, fill out to obtain permanent residence. If you are closely related to a US citizen (i.e. spouse), you can file the I-130 and I-485 at the same time.

How do you get them? Well, the forms are easy to get. The question is: are you eligible to fill out these forms? I don't know your situation, so I cannot tell.

Comment

Immiparalegal

do you please know what are the exact fees for each form to file for AOS ? (MARIAGE TO usc)
        Thank you so much

Comment

Here is details of latest fee charged by Immigration. I am also mentioning about Forms which you will have to fill after marrying a USC spouse.
          I-130 $ 130.00
          I-485 $ 255.00
          I-765 $ 120.00
          Fingerprinting $ 50.00

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms