Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background check for I-129F

I happened to speak to an INS officer on the phone today. She informed me that the 'background check' part on my I-129F application is done. Thats the part that require most amount of time ... she said. Now, my file is waiting to be adjudicated.

I filed my I-129F on 08/11 at MSC/NBC. So, how long will it take, now?

Also, once my wife comes to the U.S., do I have to file I-485 to get work permit for her?

Then, once she receives her work permit in several months, what do I do next? Wait for the I-130 to be processed and then she gets a green card?

Please advise.

I happened to speak to an INS officer on the phone today. She informed me that the 'background check' part on my I-129F application is done. Thats the part that require most amount of time ... she said. Now, my file is waiting to be adjudicated.

I filed my I-129F on 08/11 at MSC/NBC. So, how long will it take, now?

Also, once my wife comes to the U.S., do I have to file I-485 to get work permit for her?

Then, once she receives her work permit in several months, what do I do next? Wait for the I-130 to be processed and then she gets a green card?

Please advise.

Comment

It depends which consulate will be handling the visa interview after the file arrives from the NVC. Some countries are slow (I waited 7 months for my spouse @ mumbai to be interviewed). Once your wife arrives in USA on k3 visa, she has to apply for the EAD & SS, and Adjustment of Status from nonimmigrant to immigrant. The greencards I think are taking around 2 years, but this also depends where the original filing was done. Mine is at Texas, where they are also really slow. I've heard they are moving all family based applications to NVC now, so it may be quicker.

Comment

Thank you, Julie.

By SS, do you mean Social Security? Also, what form(s) do I fill out when my wife comes here on K-3 ... in order to get EAD? Then, do I just wait until my I-130 gets processed and she gets a greencard, or will EAD give her a greencard?

I know processing in India ****s. Thats why I did not want to do DCF. Most ppl I know got interviewd in 2-3 months. So, I hope it doesn't take 7 months. But, in the last few weeks, I am second guessing myself about DCF. But, there is good news, which brings me to the following info:

If you go to zulkie.com (a law firm in Chicago), you will find a MSC/NBC report for 10/15/03. It was just put-up yesterday evening. The category/date that I am interested in:

I-129F - 08/06/2003. I filed my I-129F on 08/11.

Comment

Hi:

I am interested in knowing how to contact MSC/NBC for he K3/K4 application I filed since August 27. I am getting really worried about my application. Please help with numbers and how to track my application for my spouse.
          thank you.
          engee

Comment

So, you filed your I-129F on 08/27? Did you receive a notice of action I that states your filing date and the estimated processing time?

You can call BCIS at 800.375.5283. My filing date was 8/8 and just this morning (11/18), I got approved.

If yours is 8/27, it should be happening soon, within the next 3 weeks or so. I also know of someone with the filing date 8/19 who got approved.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation