Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR1 catagory, Umesh plesae read

I am USC and I want to bring my spouse on Immigrant Visa and not on K3. Please let me know if IR1 catagory is still available to spouse of USC. Thank you.

I am USC and I want to bring my spouse on Immigrant Visa and not on K3. Please let me know if IR1 catagory is still available to spouse of USC. Thank you.

Comment

I am sorry to see that no expert has given opinion on my question.

Comment

When you will sponsor your spouse, it is better to file for K3 also. By the time I-130 will be processed and all formalities will be completed before that your spouse will be here on K3. Thereafter your spouse can adjust status in the United States. By filing I-130 and I-131 your spouse will be benefited to come here earlier. IR1 is for Spouses and minor children of USC.
        Good luck.

Comment

to IR1 - there is no numerical limitation to the number of immigrant visas for spouses of American citizens.
          Probably the fastest route is for you to physically go to her country (if possible) and file the I 130 at the embassy. Most likely they can process it in a few weeks rather than months at the BCIS. Check with the embassy there to see what their schedules are like.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation