Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice would help

I've been in this country for about 14 years, illegaly, because my parents brought me here when I was young . I got a job with a fake SSN to pay for college. My girlfriend and I have been in a serious relationship for over three years and are thinking of getting married. If we get married would I be able to change my illegal status? Please help me out with some advice. Thanks.

I've been in this country for about 14 years, illegaly, because my parents brought me here when I was young . I got a job with a fake SSN to pay for college. My girlfriend and I have been in a serious relationship for over three years and are thinking of getting married. If we get married would I be able to change my illegal status? Please help me out with some advice. Thanks.

Comment

yes UBIQ if you marry an USC you can by then adjust your statut...but I don't know if they will ask you to file for a waiver or no since you have used a wrong SSN which is considered as a fraud by the INS. Check with a lawyer before you file for your peace of mind.
      good luck

Comment

UBIQ...
        Getting married to an USC it does make any Immigration process easier... but that does not mean every one married to a Citizen is able to fix their status.

Where you from?
        Have you ever used a passport form your country?
        Did you ever had a visa? (even if is expired)

As far as i know (im not a lawyer) no one can apply for I-130 (this is the form you used when you married a USC to get a Green Card, GC) if they came to the states illegaly.

Since you have been in the States for a long time, i really think the best thing to do for you is talk to an immigration lawyer, i think there is a way to apply, not thru marriage.

Good Luck

Try this other site
        http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

Ask Marie and/or Xandrik

Some1mex

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms