Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 : another question

Thx a lot for clarifying my questions. I would really appreciate if i could get your opinion on another scenario.

I complete my "minimum course requirements" in Dec 2002, a full semester ahead of schedule. As per the university my official graduation date is May 2003 and i will get my degree in May 2003. They have said that i could be a part time student in my last semester i.e Spring 2003 and take few additional high level courses.

In fact they have given my an I-20 that is valid until Feb 2004!! My F1 VISA is valid until Sep 2003.

So if i do not get my OPT/EAD and go outside US for three weeks in Dec 2002 and come back in Jan 2003. I will be taking a 3 credit course in Spring 2003. My IPO thinks that i will have no problem at all what so ever, as all i need is a valid I-20 and a valid visa.

Do you know if i will have a problem while coming back into the country at the POE. My confusion arises from the fact that i have done my course requirements.

Once again, i appreciate your prompt responses on this forum.

Thx a lot for clarifying my questions. I would really appreciate if i could get your opinion on another scenario.

I complete my "minimum course requirements" in Dec 2002, a full semester ahead of schedule. As per the university my official graduation date is May 2003 and i will get my degree in May 2003. They have said that i could be a part time student in my last semester i.e Spring 2003 and take few additional high level courses.

In fact they have given my an I-20 that is valid until Feb 2004!! My F1 VISA is valid until Sep 2003.

So if i do not get my OPT/EAD and go outside US for three weeks in Dec 2002 and come back in Jan 2003. I will be taking a 3 credit course in Spring 2003. My IPO thinks that i will have no problem at all what so ever, as all i need is a valid I-20 and a valid visa.

Do you know if i will have a problem while coming back into the country at the POE. My confusion arises from the fact that i have done my course requirements.

Once again, i appreciate your prompt responses on this forum.

Comment

you shouln't have any problem as long as you enroled for the next semester.

Comment

I am not enrolled yet. The enrollment begins in late Jan 2003, and i will enroll when i come back into the country in the 3rd week of January

Comment

get letter form your DSO about enrolment policy in your university and you will be fine.

Comment

When did you file the petition for OPT and what was the service center you mailed it to?

Comment

I have not filed for the OPT. Sorry for the confusion. I meant to write that i do NOT plan to file for OPT.

Based on the information i received on this thread and my DSO, it seems like i do not need to file for OPT.

Could you please confirm?

Thx a lot

Comment

Since you haven't filed for OPT yet and haven't completely finished your program, you're clear to go without a problem. Just have your I-20 signed up by your DSO. Just to be on the safe side, take a business card of your DSO/school with you. About your OPT, it's always a good idea to file the petition no longer than the first week of February.
                Good Trip!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed