X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnJohnJohn
    replied
    Do they say how long you have to leave the country?

Is it a deportation order or is it just a reminder that you started accruing illegal stay in the US?

Can you be more specific about what the letter says?

Leave a comment:

• sab34
    replied
    I went through this expirence for long time, when petitioners,use to tell me I never believed them at that time, Now I know why public was so upset with this Department.
    No one wants to follow the system in the Dept. I hope they have not misplaces your file, or miss file your papers. Alway try to write the name of the person, they should have a badge on them all the time when they are in the building.

Leave a comment:

• Okie Celt
    replied
    Dear olp:

It may be as you said, a "mistake". But, you must act promptly. Does the letter give you time to appeal the decision? If so, do so, pronto.

Did you get the name of the officer that interviewed you? If so, in your letter mention this officer by name. The officers that do the interviews stamp, inital, and make notes in the file. Therefore, if you and your husband were at the interview,there will be evidence in your file!

Did you have legal representation when you filed the case with BCIS? If yes, get in touch with that attorney immediately and tell him/her about the letter. If not, you might want to consider hiring an attorney to help sort this out.

You've come this far, so don't let your LPR slip away because of some mix-up that may be very simple to correct.

Keep us posted!

Okie Celt

Leave a comment:

• aceIaw
    replied
    well, "good" ol' BCIS tactics...
    somebody there doesn't like you for whatever reasons... it's going to be your word against the almighty.

You must have some thing going on in your case that your case worker or his or her supervisor or the entire branch of that BCIS (politcal motivation?) is objecting against. Something that is not entire illegal, and yet not desireable by BCIS. There you an overstay? Have something reflecting negatively in your criminal background check? In removal proceedings? There is something that p i sses them off. You need to of course appeal if the law is on your side if you frankly believe that you qualify for the visa typye your applying for. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• olp
    replied
    Filed i-485/ maried to USC.

Dec last year i had an interview and the officer told me i will receive my GC in the mail in a "couple of months" and took my fingerprints and told my husband everything looks good. I waited and waited, nothing came. Fast forward to Oct this year, i receive a certified letter saying that i missed my Dec interview and that i should leave the country. I was there for my interview with my husband. What could have happened and most importantly, what should i do?

Leave a comment:

• olp
    started a topic BCIS made a huge mistake

BCIS made a huge mistake

Filed i-485/ maried to USC.

Dec last year i had an interview and the officer told me i will receive my GC in the mail in a "couple of months" and took my fingerprints and told my husband everything looks good. I waited and waited, nothing came. Fast forward to Oct this year, i receive a certified letter saying that i missed my Dec interview and that i should leave the country. I was there for my interview with my husband. What could have happened and most importantly, what should i do?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney