Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 interview

I am currently in Deportation proceedings and my I-130 interview was conducted a few days ago.

The interview was very aggressive, but we provided a lot of evidence of this being a bonafide marraige. They interviewed us separately and we provided them with almost all the correct answers!

At the end of the interview the interviewing officer said that she will mail the decission to our home as she needed to go over this with her supervisor. When my lawyer interfered and asked about how long it will take, the Officer said she didnt have a set time frame.

Is this that our petition is being denied that they didnt give us an answer? Anyone has any experience please let me know in this regard. I would really appreciate your help!

I am currently in Deportation proceedings and my I-130 interview was conducted a few days ago.

The interview was very aggressive, but we provided a lot of evidence of this being a bonafide marraige. They interviewed us separately and we provided them with almost all the correct answers!

At the end of the interview the interviewing officer said that she will mail the decission to our home as she needed to go over this with her supervisor. When my lawyer interfered and asked about how long it will take, the Officer said she didnt have a set time frame.

Is this that our petition is being denied that they didnt give us an answer? Anyone has any experience please let me know in this regard. I would really appreciate your help!

Comment

Since you are under deportation proceedings, you should submit I-130 and AOS application in front the judge who is conducting those proceedings and your Attorney should request for a Waiver and AOS.
      As you are under deportation proceedings, INS may delay their decision to see the outcome of your deportation proceedings. You should talk to your attorney in this regard.
      Good luck.

Comment

u just have to stay married and wait for as long as it takes for u to adjust ur status.they wont be able to deport u as long as u r really married and living with your spouse.u have to wait for a second interview and provide more evidence for u to be approved.it is like a test by the ins for fraud marriage which always end after the first interview doesnt go well,and having to wait another year to be approved.

Comment

Umesh Passi,
          You really dont have any idea about this procedure do you? PLEASE DO NOT GIVE WRONG ADVICE TO PEOPLE!

YOU CANNOT FILE I-130 infront of immgiration judge as the INS has jurisdiction over it. AOS can only be filed infront of the judge!

Comment

I think what he was trying to say is, the guy should seek a relief from deportation benefit before the judge and that is called adjustment of status relief. I think, since the guy already has an I-130 filed for him and he's an immediate relative of a U.S.C, he should present that before the judge.

Comment

Why is it that everyone else seems to understand what Passi is saying but you?

Get off of yourself will u?

Comment

I think Passi sometimes don't know what he is talking about... Well, he tries to help, that is cool, but sometimes can't give the right advice or, the meaning. First, the guy is telling that he's been to I-130 interview already, Passi is talking about submitting a I-130 and a waiver... Helloooo... I-130 is already filed... And that is not a waiver, it is a request for exemption, if this I-130 was not submitted with that request, it would be automatically denied long ago...

INS waiting on a removal proceedings outcome idea is also crazy, because the IJ waits on the INS to make a decision. So if they wait on eachother, the case will never progress... In some cases INS wants to see how IJ would like to proceed in the case and then they come to a decision on such cases...

This mentioned case above, is nothing serious, it is almost done and the relief will be granted.

Comment

To Hornet Driver :

I did not see much difference in your version than that of Umesh Passi's.
                  The person is under deportation so he has to submit AOS application before IJ and he will also have to file a waiver there.
                  Mr. Passi has mentioned that sometimes INS waits for decision of the IJ in the case, that is what you have also mentioned. Mr. Passi has suggested that the person should contact his attorney and persuade him to file AOS etc. Whereas you have just mentioned that "this case is nothing serious, it is almost done and the relief will be granted."
                  My friend, if the applicant or his attorney will not ask for any relief, judge can not do it suo moto. Some requests have to be made before the Immigration Judge to seek relief.
                  You seem to have some knowledge of Immigration Law, so why don't you also start posting and replying to others' querries instead of wasting your precious time to criticize someone else.
                  God bless you always.

Comment

Passi composes his sentences poorly. He is wrong with this sentence, maybe he didn't mean it but the sentence clearly gives the wrong meaning... He also gives the meaning that the INS waits on a final order from the IJ. That is the outcome! What I meant by INS wants to see how the IJ proceeds, does NOT have the same meaning. IJ can issue a VD but that does NOT mean that the respondent's I-130 should be denied. There is also NO waivers for this thing, particularly in Tommy's case. Asking for a waiver before the judge advice is wrong!

That's why Tommy reacted to this post. I said "this case is nothing serious, it is almost done and the relief will be granted." because I know his case, I know what stage it is in. I know the details... And I told him a thousand times not to post here since it only causes him confusion with these wrong or poor advices. He has a good attorney and yes the relief will be requested maybe even before his hearing.

Comment

Harry

My husband is in deportation removal as well. Our interview is supposed to be held this week sometime. I think our interview will be held separately as well. Can you tell me some of the questions they asked??

Comment

Harry

Also what did you bring for evidence and documentation. I think we have everything under control but, it's still a extremely scary situation.

Comment

Dear hopeful,
                          I wish you goodluck in this interview. I will tell you what exactly happened in our interview. It should be helpful. And when this is done. Let me know what the outcome is please.

Also please send me your email so we can talk about this more privately and I can give you more helpful hints as I just went through this.

We were called into the officer's cubicle along with our lawyer 20 minutes after we were at the INS office and dropped our appointment letter.

We were sworn in and the officer made sure that our lawyer had G-28 forms for both of us filled out. The lawyer asked us for all the evidence we had in support of us being together. The lawyer asked me to give her copies of everything. She asked us how many accounts we had together. Why I was in deportation proceedings. What our ages were. How we met. Where my wife worked. How much rent we payed.

Then my wife was told to leave the cubicle and made sure that she didnt have a cell phone or something on her. Then the officer went into aggressive mode and started asking a whole bunch of questions. Starting from the time we met. How we met, what she was wearing, what we did. Did we make arrangments to meet again. How I pruposed, questions about her family, questions about my family. This interview was very vigorous. They even asked me her email address she had where I used to email her.

Then the officer started asking us about our marraige ceremony, who all attended and what all happened.

Then the officer started asking us about our married life. The most important thing in that was that she asked me to draw a diagram of my bedroom. With very specific details on where everything was and what sides of the bed we sleep on to what side the door opens.

Then she let me go and my wife was called in for the interview and asked the same exact questions. We had everything correct. Remember our lawyer was present in both the interviews.

As for documents we had in our support. Why dont you give me your email and I can send you the list of things we had.

One hint, go through your daily lifes before the interview. As they will ask a whole bunch of questions. Very minor details were asked in my case and by the Grace of God, we were able to answer those questions. Another hint is that dont hide anything from the INS, if your husband was working illegally, let the INS know! It is forgiven if you are working illegally. I was asked about me working illegally and I honestly gave them all the details. They didnt pay much attention to it.

I was told that I will be sent a decission in the mail. Hopefully a positive one. I will be praying for you as I know the feeling and tension you are going through. By the grace of God everything will be alright. And please let me know the outcome of your interview!

Comment

Harry,

I was just wondering when you submitted your I-130, and when you got called for interview. I am in similar situation, but just waiting for interview, wondering when it will come. When was your master hearing? When is your next hearing? How soon after I-130 was turned in did they call you for the interview?

Comment

Gigi, I was put into proceedings in early July last year. We got married in the end of July and soon after that submitted our I-130 with the regional INS office. Right after that our filed was transferred to Nebraska and we recieved a NOA.

After Nebraska completed the initial adjucation they transferred the case to the regional office to conduct an interview. This was back in October.

In the meanwhile I recieved a letter from the Immigration court that my Master calender hearing is in the end of May. In the middle of February we recieved the letter of our I-130 interview which was to be held in Mid March, which is done now and I am waiting for an outcome.

If I recieve and approval, my lawyer will try to file AOS infront of the immigration judge prior to my court date in May so my Master Calender hearing could be turned into AOS hearing. But I am getting way ahead of myself. All depends on this I-130 Approval I am waiting for.

Please pray for me...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed