Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working OUT of Status and recently got married? -------> ALL HELP!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I almost forgot, When you go to pick up EAD make sure there will not be any deportation against you. otherwise you will be detained, instead of issuing EAD.(Zero tolerance).

How can she make sure of that Mohan ????

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan,

I am sorry but I am not clear on your reply. I mean how do I know if there are deportation against me BEFORE I go pick up my EAD? Also, the fact that my lawyer submitted my letter of employment/affidavit of support showing that I am working without an EAD, would that be an issue?

If you could clear that for me that would be great.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When filing AOS , if the total income is below the poverty line then I-864 and I-864A to be filled to complte the requirement, with the approved petition. ( one case above Lawyer only file I-864 Because income of the USC?LPR is above the poverty line. Where ever in the another case Attorney has to show the income and joint income will be submitted called household income which should be above povertyline.)EAD will be issued to the person,under 245/245A, Only problem is while you go for AOS interview.
    I almost forgot, When you go to pick up EAD make sure there will not be any deportation against you. otherwise you will be detained, instead of issuing EAD.(Zero tolerance).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi WorkingTx & everybody, I am EXACTLY in the same situation as you (great job w/no work permit, just got married to USC). Do you think there's any hope left for us to get a EAD at all? Any news from your side? Thanx! C.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes I did.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mine didn't mentionned my employment because my wife work and make enough money to support me in the aos process.If your wife dont work then you'll need a co-sponsor for your affidavit of support or that maybe why he mentionned your employment.
    Did you provide an affidavit of support?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My wife is a student so doesn't exactly work as she is a full time student. I am the only one working. I didn't understand your reply. What do you mean by your lawyer didn't mentioned employment? Please clarify.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i'm in the same exact situation but my lawyer didn't mentionned my employment yet.Now if he think your wife is making under the poverty line(125%),then i'll mention your income for affidavit of support purpose.Well at least i guess.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a question for you good folks. I recently got married to a USC and have filed my paper work with the INS. However, I am OUT OF STATUS and been working without a work permit at a good job. My attorney still had me get a letter of "current" employment and mailed that with my paper work to INS for EAD, AP, AOS etc. etc.

Now my question is, what would INS think about me applying for EAD while I am ALREADY working out of status PLUS have submitted a letter of employemnt showing that I am working? My employer does not know that I am not a US citizen. Would this complicate matters or it's not a big deal since I am married to a USC now? Is this normal?

Please help and god bless you all.

WT

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Working OUT of Status and recently got married? -------> ALL HELP!!

Working OUT of Status and recently got married? -------> ALL HELP!!

I have a question for you good folks. I recently got married to a USC and have filed my paper work with the INS. However, I am OUT OF STATUS and been working without a work permit at a good job. My attorney still had me get a letter of "current" employment and mailed that with my paper work to INS for EAD, AP, AOS etc. etc.

Now my question is, what would INS think about me applying for EAD while I am ALREADY working out of status PLUS have submitted a letter of employemnt showing that I am working? My employer does not know that I am not a US citizen. Would this complicate matters or it's not a big deal since I am married to a USC now? Is this normal?

Please help and god bless you all.

WT
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed