Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working OUT of Status and recently got married? -------> ALL HELP!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Do you guys even think and read the postings before you write something so stupid and off the topic here? Seems like not... Everyone is so quick to assume everything and tear one down without knowing ANY facts. "Jails, me using people, selling sex, turning me in, etc.?" Where did you get all that? Didn't I just say before that I have filed my papers and they know exactly where I work. I just got another letter from INS the other day which aslo said that everything is allright and I should be expecting my EAD to be ready to pick up soon.
    I just wanted to open people's eyes here and let them know that there DO exist different situations, and there are Americans out there who sincerely want to and CAN help, and who won't kick you in the @*$ like some illegals on is board. Anyway, thanks for the "support" you all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?q=...6336063131&p=1

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Guys, don't ya understand what this,

"Working for the Gov't is actually less risky than working at any place more accessible for illegals. No one would even suspect that you don't have a work permit, etc. And of course, got to know the right people, prove that you're the best for the position, and have luck, too. When it came out that I don't have the permit, they offered me help instead of fireing me."

means???

These people are selling SEX to be able to keep their head above water...hehehe...who knows, some day they may wanna get used to the fact that they may have to provide it for free, like for instance when going to jail to be so nicely raped. Have A Good One!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ha, "well," you've got to be kidding me! Take a look here, it has already been discussed on this boards that INS does not have enough space and most of the time places its prisoners in county jails. So...not too much of a distinction to be made, sorry...

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...361#1796098361

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, that may be the situation in State jails (perhaps even county jails) but I guess Christine, WorkerTx, and the poster "Mohan can help" will be incarcerated in INS detention facilities if they'll be found out. So there is a distinction to be made I think.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To "other option" -- rape is a terrible thing happening in prisons, I found a report by Humans Rights Watch:

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Your true character will be found out by people who you say have tried to help you and then you won't be able to keep up your charade. You use people and the fact that you think you're "smart" and "qualified" for a better job than most immigrants. Presto, you're in, and other "illegal immigrants" who aren't as educated as you don't have it so easy because they can't get to know the "right people" the way you did.

You should listen to yourself. You think it's cool because you got somewhere by your secrets and deceit instead of by honesty. I feel sorry for you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    cust:

Or s/he may have committed suicide after being repeatedly raped in prison.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "We are watching" says:

"And who knows, one of those "helpful" workmates might now want to earn a few brownie points by turning YOU in."

You bet Christine that it's gonna happen more often by now...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To poster "To jeopardiser":

I think the guy/gal must have died in custody.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It is "dirt poor" all around the world. What makes you better than people from other countries (which just might be poorer than yours)? And in case you didn't realize, "dirt poor" is not a good enough reason for admission to the USA (or to any other country). Instead, it's a reason for DENIAL, and that's why billions of wishful people have to stay exactly where they are. You sound like someone who only cares about what YOU can get, by deceit or any other way, since you obviously can't see the big picture here

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I know of a situation exactly like yours - but the person served his time and was not released to the INS. He was released to no one! The people in my community found out and were so upset that they notified the INS. The only thing anyone's heard since then was that there was a deportation order out but no one knows if they ever found him and the INS refuses to talk about the case. Do you know of any way to find out what happens after a complaint is filed with the INS?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Christine, you are an idiot. Look what you're saying:

"Me (and presumably WorkerTx) came here legally and have good jobs (I work for the Gov't), it's just that we don't have work permits and have overstayed visas. I don't want to say that I am better or something, but there are many illegals here who are educated and are smart enough to get nice jobs without fake papers or lying."

If you overstay your visa you do not have ANYMORE the right to work in this country. You will illegally in the U.S. and you will be working ILLEGALLY.

Yes, the company (or even the government for that matter) may not figure out right away that you do not have anymore permission to work, but eventually one day that period of unauthorized employment - during which you still continued to work - will come up (like for instance when going to be interviewed before an immigration officer for your green card -- and they may have information regarding the fact, believe me That is many of you illegals/overstayers marry (stupid) American citizens who may be lured into marriage with shifty people like yourselves -- in order to be better protected against potential adverse consequences imposed by the INS. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes I am proud that I did not lie about anything when I was asked about my situation at work and when I filed my AOS. I am not proud that work illegally and haven't quit, let's just say that my situation is VERY different than most here. Turn me in? I did it myself already, they can "watch me" as much as they want. Some 'workmates' (in my case very connected and respected people) are not as prejudice as mr. "we are watching", and actually are willing to help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well Christine you certainly do sound proud of yourself for defrauding the US Government. Well things are changing. You will be caught. It is just a matter of time. I don't know which is worse, the fact you are working illegally,or the fact that you are SO PROUD of getting away with it so far. You give immigrants working hard to do it right a slap in the face. You should be ashamed.You are not what we want in this country. Oh you might check out what someone posted a while back on this thread. The "Government" is going to be checking EVERYONE closer. And who knows, one of those "helpful" workmates might now want to earn a few brownie points by turning YOU in.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation