Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working OUT of Status and recently got married? -------> ALL HELP!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    ....have you had...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Christine had you had your fingerprints taken by now?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The INS arrested more than 100 people working at Champion Safe, a safe manufacturing company in Utah. Steve Branch, the Salt Lake City INS officer in charge, said the arrests were the culmination of a long investigation but would not comment on how the INS learned of the workers' immigration violations, which could include visa overstay and illegal entry. Champion Safe declined to comment.

"There are a number of business we could enforce workplace operations on," Branch said, but wouldn't answer as to whether or not the INS had plans for similar raids in the coming weeks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Christine must have undergone the medical examination by now!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good For Ya, "orpheus" -- but how old are you, if you're just 20 you're probably okay, you have at least 200 years ahead -- those 200 years an immigrant like you will need to become reach in America!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am Indian -- I did not come to the U.S. to escape from poverty...I came here to become rich.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It may not be worth for some of us Americans, but for immigrants, sure it is -- they come from countries where they don't have water to wash their faces, no bread to eat, no heat, no electricity, nothing...think India!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It makes me laugh when I see these immigrants fight to stay in our country! They think it's worth!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK Chris, hon!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What has this story to do with my situation?? You just found something that you thought you can just cut and paste here without reading all the postings? Sorry, you are off the topic. Christine is not a ship builder or a construction worker! How many times I have to tell those illiterate and blind people here that INS, my employer (gov't), etc. they KNOW about my situation. I just don't fall into any profiles and never used fake docks or lied to them! My only POINT was that there are different situations and the INS may treat someone surprisingly differently. Just got to know the right people, be smart and honest. I am not bragging here, just trying to prove a point. Good luck to you all who hate me

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Immigration officials have discovered dozens of illegal aliens working on the USS John F. Kennedy as the aircraft carrier undergoes renovations at Mayport Naval Station. 11 men, all from Mexico, were arrested and charged yesterday with possessing false documentation. The others are still at large.

"We responded to a military concern," said Barbara Gonzalez, spokeswoman for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. The investigation began this month after the Navy started a routine review of the status of foreign-born workers hired by the contractors and subcontractors renovating the carrier, said Lt. Leslie Hull-Ryde, a Kennedy spokeswoman.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service asked for help from INS, which identified 65 workers ineligible to work in the United States, according to a court affidavit filed yesterday by INS Special Agent Christopher Note. Note said when INS and Border Patrol agents went to Mayport last week to locate the illegal workers, they arrested 11 men, all "Mexican citizens illegally in the United States." All are charged with falsifying information on employment forms required of all U.S. workers by providing phony alien numbers, according to Note's affidavit.

"The INS and Border Patrol were unable to locate the remaining individuals," Note testified. Asked if INS is still searching for them, prosecutors and agency officials would say only that the matter is "ongoing." It is unknown what countries the missing workers are from. In most cases, undocumented aliens are deported to their native countries. All of those arrested worked for Moran Environmental Recovery, one of five Kennedy contractors with "immigration discrepancies," said Lt. Brad Fagan, a Mayport spokesman. Moran vice president Jay Daniel wouldn't comment on the investigation.

Business owners can be fined for hiring illegal aliens or face criminal prosecution if the hirings were deliberate and flagrant, but typically they aren't sanctioned if the workers present false documents. Federal prosecutors wouldn't say what the case was with Moran, but there was no indication in Note's affidavit that the contractor faced any allegations of wrongdoing. Prosecutors also wouldn't say whether any of the Kennedy contractors are part of a lengthy federal grand jury probe into money laundering, tax and workers compensation fraud and hiring illegal aliens in the Jacksonville housing construction industry.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    They are gonna pick up Christine and deport her when she goes to pick up her ead. She gave out to much information that was traceable and a complaint was filed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Excuse me, why shouldn't women be required to register? Aren't they equal to men, in all respects, including terrorism? We all know there are a lot of women spies, terrorists, and killers out there...

The Special Registration program discriminates against women!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Christine is a woman, women are not required to register if even they are Muslim.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LOS ANGELES, Jan 17: The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) will register citizens of all the countries, who came in the country before Sept 30, 2002, said a senior INS official said.

"It is part of a law that was passed in 1996 and we are now just getting around it," said Ronald Smith, the INS Los Angeles District Director, in an exclusive telephone interview to Dawn.

Smith said the Justice Department had decided to put all the countries into National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS) by 2005. When asked whether the condition would be applicable to citizens of India and China, Smith said: "Yes."

In reply to a question why so far the names of only Muslim countries are coming up for registration, Smith said it was just a matter of priority according to national security concerns. However, that does not mean that Muslims or Pakistani community were being targeted and made victims of some sort of religious profiling.

The INS district director was upbeat on improving the registration procedure, saying, it was an evolving process.

He said already the registration process had gone through massive changes. The system had now become much milder, simplified and kinder to Pakistanis and Saudis and for upcoming countries, which fall in the second or third list of countries.

Without giving any statistics, Smith, however, said so far the turnout for registration was very small.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation