Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I broken an immigration Law ?

I just called the US embassy in London as I am enquiring about getting a B visa for my next trip over. However I was informed that you can only stay for a maximum of 6 monts per year on a pilot Waiver.

I have travelled on a pilot waiver 3 times. The first time that I went over was at the end of 2001 for 90 days (which brought me into the following year for 2 months), then again for 90 days in the summer 2002, then again at the end of October for 90 days. I just added up that I have been over for 7 months and 13 days during last year. Have I now broken an Immigration law ? Can I still get back in on a B visa or a Piot Waiver becasue of this ?

I was also told that if I fail the interview for the B Visa then I cannot ever return on a Pilot, and I will always have to keep re-applying. Is this true ? and how long do I have to wait before I can re-apply ?.

I was also told that when you get a B Visa, you have to stay in the country for 6 months and you cannot return home before then. What if there was an emergency back home ? Could I return then ?

I just found out last night that I can get a letter from an employer with intent to givew me a job over there, becasue my fiance can't find an Affidavit. And now this. Just when I thought everything was going good.

Anyone who can offer advice or help please do.

Thanks.

I just called the US embassy in London as I am enquiring about getting a B visa for my next trip over. However I was informed that you can only stay for a maximum of 6 monts per year on a pilot Waiver.

I have travelled on a pilot waiver 3 times. The first time that I went over was at the end of 2001 for 90 days (which brought me into the following year for 2 months), then again for 90 days in the summer 2002, then again at the end of October for 90 days. I just added up that I have been over for 7 months and 13 days during last year. Have I now broken an Immigration law ? Can I still get back in on a B visa or a Piot Waiver becasue of this ?

I was also told that if I fail the interview for the B Visa then I cannot ever return on a Pilot, and I will always have to keep re-applying. Is this true ? and how long do I have to wait before I can re-apply ?.

I was also told that when you get a B Visa, you have to stay in the country for 6 months and you cannot return home before then. What if there was an emergency back home ? Could I return then ?

I just found out last night that I can get a letter from an employer with intent to givew me a job over there, becasue my fiance can't find an Affidavit. And now this. Just when I thought everything was going good.

Anyone who can offer advice or help please do.

Thanks.

Comment

of course you can go home before the six months is up. If you get a single-entry visa, however, you can't return and finish your six months. If you get a multiple-entry visa, you can come back, but you might have to answer some questions at the border about why you traveled back to the US so soon after leaving. (assuming the emergency was dealt with quickly and you came right back.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation