Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply for a work visa first, or a green card right away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for a work visa first, or a green card right away?

Hi,

I am a business major student in my 3rd year now. I have an employer here that would like to sponsor my getting a green card. My friends tell me that the only way to do this is to get a work visa first and then apply for a green card. Does anyone know if I can apply for a green card right away without bothering with a work visa? Thanks in advance for all answers!

Regards!

Hi,

I am a business major student in my 3rd year now. I have an employer here that would like to sponsor my getting a green card. My friends tell me that the only way to do this is to get a work visa first and then apply for a green card. Does anyone know if I can apply for a green card right away without bothering with a work visa? Thanks in advance for all answers!

Regards!

Comment

First of all what is your current status, are you on F-1 visa and want it converted to a working visas. It seems complicated. Consult a lawyer or research on the subject.

Comment

I am on F1 visa right now. I also have an employer willing to sponsor me. I wonder if I can get a green card based on employment without having to go through a work visa first.

Thanks.

Comment

If you have all the qualifications necessary to apply for labor certification, your prospective employer may start GC process now. However, this process takes long time, sometimes years, to complete. Hence, if you are not planning to go home, you'll need H-1B to work for your employer.

Comment

Assuming that you have an F-1 Visa, it will be hard to convert. The idea is that you complete your education and return to your country with a better means to work and help your people there.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation