X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED YOUR HELP ON FAMILY ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Good day to everybody.
    There is a very big problem before me. I came into USA about three years ago. I came in with a friend from my country. Because she helped we came is as a married coupled, and this is what we had in the form in the consular. She left to an unknown destination when we were a week old in the USA, and since then, we have not seen again, and uptil now I don't hear from her. I don't know anything about the law of this country, and uptil now, I don't know. I got married on February 2, 2002, legally to my present and only wife and we are still married. She just decided to file for me with the BCIS,but somebody told me that I need to get a divorce from the other lady.

The issue is that se was never my wife. We just put in married so that both of us can travel. And the most difficult aspect of this is that she left since January 2001, and since then, I don't know her where about. I need peoples help and assistance here.
    Thanks.

Good day to everybody.
    There is a very big problem before me. I came into USA about three years ago. I came in with a friend from my country. Because she helped we came is as a married coupled, and this is what we had in the form in the consular. She left to an unknown destination when we were a week old in the USA, and since then, we have not seen again, and uptil now I don't hear from her. I don't know anything about the law of this country, and uptil now, I don't know. I got married on February 2, 2002, legally to my present and only wife and we are still married. She just decided to file for me with the BCIS,but somebody told me that I need to get a divorce from the other lady.

The issue is that se was never my wife. We just put in married so that both of us can travel. And the most difficult aspect of this is that she left since January 2001, and since then, I don't know her where about. I need peoples help and assistance here.
    Thanks.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

What kind of visa you received from consulates?.did you legally married and travel or Just to get visa you wrote you are married?
        Did you travel under different name/ Different passport not your own?

Comment

We came with a B2 visa. This was done for the purpose of travelling. It wasn't a legal marriage. I came with my name and passport.

Comment

So the only place you said you were married was on the visa application form? Then you are not legally married so there is no issue of a divorce.

However you DID lie on the application form so if they catch you now it could become a problem. BUt there is nothing you can do about it..just hope you dont get caught!

Comment

it won't be any divorce matter .you can apply for Adjustment.You may or may not need the waiver for mis representation.but that for the later stage If BCIS look for the info on I-94.
              under the normao process it won't be caught.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation