X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just married.......lots of questions

Hello all
    My boyfriend came to visit me here in california on the visa waiver program almost a month ago. We ended up getting married within a week of his arriving and now I need to file the papers for him to be able to live here permanantly. He has to return home to take care of things there, and we were planning on his return in December. Can anyone point us in the right direction? I am a USC, born in Missouri.
    Thanks!

Hello all
    My boyfriend came to visit me here in california on the visa waiver program almost a month ago. We ended up getting married within a week of his arriving and now I need to file the papers for him to be able to live here permanantly. He has to return home to take care of things there, and we were planning on his return in December. Can anyone point us in the right direction? I am a USC, born in Missouri.
    Thanks!

Comment

File the I-130 - petition for alien relative, I-485 application to adjust, I-765 employment authorization document and I-131 request for advance parole now before going anywhere. Wait until the advance parole is approved to make any travel reservations.

Comment

Passerby beat me to it. He has to have the I-131 before he leaves otherwise he may not be able to re-enter the USA now that he has married without the correct visas. You're not supposed to use a VWP as a way to get married.

Comment

it wasnt used as a way to get married.... I visited him in December as well. It just happened, we didnt tell anyone. We love each other very much, but it wasnt done intentionally.

Comment

I didn't say that you did do it as a way to get married, it's just that people who do get married on a VWP get a lot abuse on these boards from people who used fiance(e) visa's and had to wait to be approved before thay got married. I was on a VWP when I got married so I know! But just do as "passingby" says and make sure that your husband gets his advance parole I-131 before he leaves the USA, I don't know how long it takes in CA but honestly it can take a few months to be approved, so file your AOS application ASAP. Congratulations BTW

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

If he can not wait and must return home immediatly, file the I-130 through the Nebraska service center, when you recieve your first notice from the service center then file the I-129F to the Chicago service center. Once the I129F is approved (2 or 3 months) it will be sent to the US consulate in his home country where he will be notified and can thus apply for the K3 spousal visa. The visa itself is good for 2 years and allows multiple entries into the US. For more on this you can check out http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation