removed but want to still fight it.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removed but want to still fight it.....

I am a 28 yr old Canadian who was removed last year because of a drug crime. I am married to a american and have american children. I lived in the US with a green card for almost 20 years. It was an unfortunate thing. I was 21 when the crime was committed and regret it everyday. Is there still a chance for me to fight this even after removal?????????????????????????????????

I am a 28 yr old Canadian who was removed last year because of a drug crime. I am married to a american and have american children. I lived in the US with a green card for almost 20 years. It was an unfortunate thing. I was 21 when the crime was committed and regret it everyday. Is there still a chance for me to fight this even after removal?????????????????????????????????

Comment

Please contact an attorney.

Comment

Perhaps your wife could apply for a waiver for you to regain admission. I would think they would take into consideration the amount of time that you spent in the US. However, I'm finding that no matter what the law says, they are going to do what they want to do anyway, and unless you have thousands and thousands of dollars to pay a lawyer to fight for you (who will also probably lie to you by letting you think that you have a chance when you really don't)...

Comment

Yes you need a lawyer. There are waivers and you have American Children. Also how long ago was the crime. Check the Life Act for family unity.
          Wish you the best of luck.
          Mr Red

Comment

where would i find info on the life act for family unity?

Comment

never mind...the life act does not help me

Comment

Conviction for drug violation is a bar to being able to come to the US. If you have had no other violations and your life style since the time of the drug violation has been good, then I would suggest trying to remove the violation. Not sure exactly how that would be done in Canada but a good attorney should be able to assist. The only thing is that you need a pardon and not merely to have the record sealed.
                pat@MorganImmigrationLaw.com

Comment

so lets say I contacted a attorney in South Carolina where the crime was comitted in 1997.
                  I then pay him to get me a pardon on the crime...
                  What would be the deal with INS after that was done?????????????????????????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation