X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    CORRECTION OF SENTENCE/QUESTION ERROR:see below

Can I make and independent application for a J'1 VISA at the US Embassy in my country?
    Don't laugh, I am sort of a perfectionist sometimes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a diploma in hotel and tourism management from my home country. lived in the US on a j-1 visa for a year, however i am subject to the two year home residency requirement. I am back in my home country for two months now but as u know i am not eligible for a work permit,etc until after 2yrs. Can I return to the US on my B1/b2 and apply for OPT or even do it from my own country? Or is OPT just fro F-1 visa people. I know about the waiver but also know that my chances of actually obtaining it is very minimal and really don't want to stay home for two years. I also know that the only visas i am eligable for right now are the Q AND F1 VISAS. But my family doesn't have enough money to sponsor the F-1 neither do we know anybody. And no tourism related companies offer Q visa sponsorship in my country. By the way if i am not eligible for OPT make an independent petition for a Q visa at the US Embassy located in my country? I love the hospitality feild and want to stick to it. I know that with the Q-visa I CAN GET A SS# and THEN BE ABLE TO LEGALLY CARRYOUT MY CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND GET PAID FOR IT.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic j-i to b1/b2 to OPT? Please help!

j-i to b1/b2 to OPT? Please help!

I have a diploma in hotel and tourism management from my home country. lived in the US on a j-1 visa for a year, however i am subject to the two year home residency requirement. I am back in my home country for two months now but as u know i am not eligible for a work permit,etc until after 2yrs. Can I return to the US on my B1/b2 and apply for OPT or even do it from my own country? Or is OPT just fro F-1 visa people. I know about the waiver but also know that my chances of actually obtaining it is very minimal and really don't want to stay home for two years. I also know that the only visas i am eligable for right now are the Q AND F1 VISAS. But my family doesn't have enough money to sponsor the F-1 neither do we know anybody. And no tourism related companies offer Q visa sponsorship in my country. By the way if i am not eligible for OPT make an independent petition for a Q visa at the US Embassy located in my country? I love the hospitality feild and want to stick to it. I know that with the Q-visa I CAN GET A SS# and THEN BE ABLE TO LEGALLY CARRYOUT MY CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND GET PAID FOR IT.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation