Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j-i to b1/b2 to OPT? Please help!

I have a diploma in hotel and tourism management from my home country. lived in the US on a j-1 visa for a year, however i am subject to the two year home residency requirement. I am back in my home country for two months now but as u know i am not eligible for a work permit,etc until after 2yrs. Can I return to the US on my B1/b2 and apply for OPT or even do it from my own country? Or is OPT just fro F-1 visa people. I know about the waiver but also know that my chances of actually obtaining it is very minimal and really don't want to stay home for two years. I also know that the only visas i am eligable for right now are the Q AND F1 VISAS. But my family doesn't have enough money to sponsor the F-1 neither do we know anybody. And no tourism related companies offer Q visa sponsorship in my country. By the way if i am not eligible for OPT make an independent petition for a Q visa at the US Embassy located in my country? I love the hospitality feild and want to stick to it. I know that with the Q-visa I CAN GET A SS# and THEN BE ABLE TO LEGALLY CARRYOUT MY CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND GET PAID FOR IT.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

I have a diploma in hotel and tourism management from my home country. lived in the US on a j-1 visa for a year, however i am subject to the two year home residency requirement. I am back in my home country for two months now but as u know i am not eligible for a work permit,etc until after 2yrs. Can I return to the US on my B1/b2 and apply for OPT or even do it from my own country? Or is OPT just fro F-1 visa people. I know about the waiver but also know that my chances of actually obtaining it is very minimal and really don't want to stay home for two years. I also know that the only visas i am eligable for right now are the Q AND F1 VISAS. But my family doesn't have enough money to sponsor the F-1 neither do we know anybody. And no tourism related companies offer Q visa sponsorship in my country. By the way if i am not eligible for OPT make an independent petition for a Q visa at the US Embassy located in my country? I love the hospitality feild and want to stick to it. I know that with the Q-visa I CAN GET A SS# and THEN BE ABLE TO LEGALLY CARRYOUT MY CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND GET PAID FOR IT.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comment

CORRECTION OF SENTENCE/QUESTION ERROR:see below

Can I make and independent application for a J'1 VISA at the US Embassy in my country?
      Don't laugh, I am sort of a perfectionist sometimes.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation