Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage

I have a question about marriage My galfriend and myself are planing getting marry this january at the court.After I planned she file pepers for conditional G card..I'm in school right now anticipating some level of finanical aid in six months.
    please give me some info on this process

I have a question about marriage My galfriend and myself are planing getting marry this january at the court.After I planned she file pepers for conditional G card..I'm in school right now anticipating some level of finanical aid in six months.
    please give me some info on this process

Comment

WMD,

Is either one of you a USC. Is either one of you in the U.S. right now and is either one of you on a visa? A little bit more background is needed before anyone can give you info on the process.

Comment

Both of us is in the USA. I file for asylum before three years ago still pending.. now I met my soulmate she like me and i do . we are building our lives arround educations at this time,both students . we don have much money she work full time I work partime,... matter of fact I live in a low income apt,she does but have move i apprently with me...while I'm full time student i work ? she work we had a baby due to some complications baby did not survive... with all this we have been together for 1 year now and wanna tight the knob.... i guess people cases varies here no one case or story is the same.. maybe basic advice will help. not limited to any details advice as well

Comment

Hi Wmd

Sorry to hear about your baby.. but am happy you have found soulmate. Is soulmate a USC?

Comment

yes soulmate is USC we are olaning getting marry this january a he court. we both are in school right now so we decided we do it at the court house for now.
            I intend to have USC my girlfriend file pepers work for me after we get marrage certificate from the court to begain the process.

Comment

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm
              http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm
              Good luck on your marriage! However, I have to bring up the issue of financial support. In order to file immigration papers for you, your wife has to have yearly income to support both of you. If she doesn't have a job (since she is in school), her family's income (parents?) may also be considered, if it is sufficient. If they agree to sign the affidavit of support, of course.

Look at the form I-864 Affidavit of Support for further instructions. You wife has to show yearly income at about $15,000 for both of you and has to show her income tax returns for the last three years.

Comment

I work as well I hav e EAD will that make a difference both have income. She USC work full time and make over 15000.Also we live in a small city in northern MN . there is local INS local office there . will processing time b e longer then usual??

Comment

if she earns over $15,000 you are going to be fine in terms of financial support. Good luck!

Comment

To answer your question - in case your girlfriend's income doesn't meet the guidelines (about $15,000 per year) your income can be used as well to meet the requirements for the affadavit of support. The only other thing you would have to worry about is the "public charge" issue, which shouldn't be a problem unless you have a severe disability and are unable or unwilling to work. Given that you are a student, the "public charge" issue should not be relevant in your case.

Comment

I'm a student getting married. I don intend to quit school. My finacial situation will change obivously, do you know if I have to file any finacial aid pepers with my college? this marriage is real
                      comments appreciated

Comment

Hi Wmd

you will have to be in status /Gc in order to be eligible for financial aid from your college.

everything is fine as far as income for wife to qualify for I-864 sponsership.

Best Wishes for upcoming nuptials.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed