Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Have you already overstayed by more than 180 days? If so, stay here. If not you may want to seriously consider leaving the country ASAP in order to avoid a bar.

If you are able to leave without receiving a bar, you can try to come back with a student visa,(work visa?????) or just a tourist visa, although it may (or may not) be difficult to obtain with the overstay.

My personal recommendation would be to leave the country (assuming you are not eligible for the bar) and apply for a fiance visa. This will give your girlfriend some time to think things over while waiting for the visa to process, and will also give you all three months to marry after you are allowed back in (during which time you would be able to work!!!) This could easily give you an additional 8-9 months.

However, if you have already overstayed by more than 180 days. You have some other concerns to deal with. If you leave the country you will be given a three year bar, if you wait another six months and then leave the country you will be given a 10 year bar. To have any chance at AOS you would need to marry your girlfriend and you will be illegal until then.

In this situation, I would perhaps stay for another few months and enjoy time with my girlfriend, look for jobs in my home country, and see if she comes around (don't pressure her). If she comes around and decides to marry you - great, or if some sort of amnesty is offered, great!!! Otherwise, I would leave the USA before I will be given a 3 year bar. 3 years is a lot less than 10 years, and I wouldn't want to screw myself up if my girlfriend leaves me, and I wouldn't want to screw her up if she stays with me.

Maybe during those three years you could go to a third country (assuming you don't want to be in your country of origin) or perhaps your girlfriend could accompany you to your country and get to know a little bit about it. Which is always a good idea.

Assuming you are from a third world country, leaving the country will not help you get a lot of money, but it will help you both become more secure in the decision to get married - then you can always do a civil ceremony with a religious ceremony or other "sentimental" "significant" ceremony later.

Good Luck to you!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Get out of this country and make enough money b4 you come back.

GET OUT !!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, my girlfriend told me that she is not ready to marry me and i overstayed my visa. My EAD expired 6 months ago and i was wondering if there is another way besides marriage to get an EAD or green card. She is only 22 and i'm 28. She is really afraid because she thinks she's going to lose me and i'll be deported. I told her the only way is through marriage if i wanna stay here but she is crying and afraid of doing it. What should i do? how can i get a GC or EAD until we have enough money for a real wedding.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic question regarding other way of getting GC

question regarding other way of getting GC

Well, my girlfriend told me that she is not ready to marry me and i overstayed my visa. My EAD expired 6 months ago and i was wondering if there is another way besides marriage to get an EAD or green card. She is only 22 and i'm 28. She is really afraid because she thinks she's going to lose me and i'll be deported. I told her the only way is through marriage if i wanna stay here but she is crying and afraid of doing it. What should i do? how can i get a GC or EAD until we have enough money for a real wedding.
    Thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation