Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SAP, Oracle, JAVA, Siebel, Peoplesoft

Looking for qualified individuals to fill some requirements we currently have. Excellent benefit package, timely immigration transfer, and immediate application for Labor Certification. Please send resumes to:

info@sapamerica.com

I want go get in the Immigration field as a Paralegal, I am trinliguist in the NYC area, any ideas?

Comment

I,have these qualification.I did oracle 8 and still using oracle as backend in clien server archi, Also know java with visual cafe'( java 2 core class lib to build app,also know people soft, visio, and network admin, VLAN Router config/ with Cat5 UTP and Fiber optic connection etc.
      Never learn SAP and Sieble.
      Can you give me a job? LOL
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Aguila18: first, figure out if you want to do family immigration (asylum, deportation, waivers, etc.) or business/corporate immigration (labor certifications, nonimmigrant visas, etc.). Then you may want to try with a big firm such as Fragomen Del Rey et al. (www.fdbl.com), since they have a very good training program. If you have no experience, you will start as a very very junior associate paralegal and I am not sure about pay. Fragomen specializes in business immigration. I do not know any family immigration firms, as I have worked solely in business immigration. I am fluent in four languages (Italian, French, German, Dutch) with a working knowledge of two more (Russian, Japanese), and, in corporate immigration, the languages you know do help. Family immigration paralegals almost exclusively are fluent in Spanish.

In addition, the big firms hire those who have at least a bachelor's degree. This is especially true in NYC. Many paralegals I work with are attending law school and quite a few have graduate degrees. Some firms also require a paralegal certification (from a ABA approved school or program) in addition to the BA/BS requirement. Of course, one needs excellent time management, communications, and client relations skills, as well as a good grasp of international affairs and an interest in immigration.

Although it is very form-intensive, immigration is one field that always changes; for one specific law, you may have hundreds of interpretations (since most regulations are usually ambiguous); in immigration, no case is ever the same. Each case presents its challenges. You also deal with a great number of government agencies, both in the U.S. and abroad. It can be boring at times and totally crazy at other times, but I wouldn't do anything else.

Comment

I would like to learn both Business and Family Immigration.

Thank you very much for your extensive post, I will check that firm to see how it goes.

Comment

NYCImm, I appreciate your post also, that is very interesting. Immigration law is something that I have become very interested in also so that gives me a lot to think about!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation