Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    My understanding of the law is that if you can show to the INS that you got married for the real reasons, you can still continue with your green card application. You would need some cooperation from your spouse with this. I am sure someone else on the board knows more in detail about this kind of circumstance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm a international student F-1 but i got married about 9 months ago and applied for status change (I-485). I have recieved the money reciept and the request to submit the I-864. But i havent recieved the work authorization yet. In the mean time things are not working out between me and my wife and I'm ready to get a divorce. My question is whats gonna happen to the pending application??'M I gonna be back to my F-1 status?? I still have 2 more years of visa left and i'm still holding a current I-20 from a college. And what if i get married to another US citizen again? What do i do have to do in that case??

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic F-1 student getting Divorce from US Citizen

F-1 student getting Divorce from US Citizen

I'm a international student F-1 but i got married about 9 months ago and applied for status change (I-485). I have recieved the money reciept and the request to submit the I-864. But i havent recieved the work authorization yet. In the mean time things are not working out between me and my wife and I'm ready to get a divorce. My question is whats gonna happen to the pending application??'M I gonna be back to my F-1 status?? I still have 2 more years of visa left and i'm still holding a current I-20 from a college. And what if i get married to another US citizen again? What do i do have to do in that case??
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney