•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b unrelated Bachelors, related Masters

Hello,
    I have a question regarding qualifying for "specialty occupation"
    My company is sponsoring an H1b for me this April '09. I am working as a 'Data/Web Analyst' for an e-commerce company and they are paying me higher than the prevailing wage.

I have a BA and an MS in Information Systems (both from a major US University). The company is a dotcom and does not require the 'Data Analyst' to have a degree in Computer Science. They require the candidate to have a 4-year degree, relevant SQL/Excel and Datawarehouse experience(which I do) and for the candidate to learn quickly.
    So my question is, can we use the 'Computer Systems Analyst' occupation code and have a bachelors in a non-CS discipline and masters in Computer Information Systems?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello,
    My company is sponsoring an H1b for me this April '09. I am working as a 'Data/Web Analyst' for an e-commerce company and they are paying me higher than the prevailing wage.

I have a BA and an MS in Information Systems (both from a major US University). The company is a dotcom and does not require the 'Data Analyst' to have a degree in Computer Science. They require the candidate to have a 4-year degree, relevant SQL/Excel and Datawarehouse experience(which I do) and for the candidate to learn quickly.
    So my question is, can we use the 'Computer Systems Analyst' occupation code and have a bachelors in a non-CS discipline and masters in Computer Information Systems?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmukherj:
      Hello,

Any feedback would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the name of the company that is hiring you?
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

What is the name of the company that is hiring you?[/QUOTE]

I do not want to disclose that because I do not see the relevance. It is a major publicly traded internet company not covered by TARP. They only have 2-3 other H1b workers.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmukherj:
          Hello,

Any feedback would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          "030 Occupations In Systems Analysis And Programming" is probably the closest fit for a DBA position, however I would have the company contact the Department of Labor for specifics as "039 Other Computer-Related Occupations" could fit the bill as well.

Good Luck!
          --------------------
          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Even if you choose a course or an online certification, it won't change anything. You need a specific degree, but in some cases companies are ready to accept employees with the degree in an unrelated field. So it can be extraordinarily problematical for a student to get an H1B for a Software engineering position without a CS degree. But if you have some exceptional achievements and results in the field, you can try and do my essay for me test to prove that you have enough knowledge for this job. Perhaps your student's portfolio with open source projects and assignments from college.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation