Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will our family be torn apart?

Hello,This is my first time here and I was hoping someone could give me some advice: I am a USC married to a man from Scotland for 4 years we also have a 2 year old daughter, Our problem is that we went for our interview at the Atlanta office and were told that we needed copies of my federal taxes (we had the originals there)well we made a mistake and sent copies of state taxes instead of federal and we then got a letter stating that my husband needs to leave the U.S. on his own or they would enforce deportation,The letter did not give how many days before he had to leave or anything.what will happen next? I can't beleive that this little mistake could hurt our family so much.What can we do to stop him from being deported?

thank you

Hello,This is my first time here and I was hoping someone could give me some advice: I am a USC married to a man from Scotland for 4 years we also have a 2 year old daughter, Our problem is that we went for our interview at the Atlanta office and were told that we needed copies of my federal taxes (we had the originals there)well we made a mistake and sent copies of state taxes instead of federal and we then got a letter stating that my husband needs to leave the U.S. on his own or they would enforce deportation,The letter did not give how many days before he had to leave or anything.what will happen next? I can't beleive that this little mistake could hurt our family so much.What can we do to stop him from being deported?

thank you

Comment

Deported for sending the wrong copies??? Did he overstay his visa? Did you file for AOS after the marriage? Is there something else to the story?

Comment

Hello, The letter that we got from immigration stated that it was due to sending the wrong copies of the tax papers. We did file for AOS right after we got married, we had a lawyer do all the paperwork for us. My husband has no criminal record,they even terminated his work permit.It just seems so petty to deport someone for a mistake that could be easily corrected.We are looking for a good immigration lawyer to help us keep us with this.

Comment

Dear Erin, sorry to hear about your INS trouble; if you are looking for a good immigration attorney may I recommend John Brent (phone:7705127776) at HUNTER, BRENT, SOMMERSTEIN AND WEINSTEIN located in Atlanta. He is expensive but gets the job done. Good luck.

Comment

You are on the right track.....get a good lawyer........under NO circumstances must he leave under his own steam until you have spoken to a lawyer. This seems bizarre in the extreme. The fact that you have a daughter should be enough if it comes to filing a waiver, but just for filing the wrong tax forms.....something is not quite right here!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation