Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 year, an MBA, a job, 2 kids, 2 homes, no Green Card

Perhaps my fault for not hiring an attorney yet, but the fact of the matter is that I've been in the US for a little over 12 years, received my BA and MBA from good US schools, have two children born here, own 2 homes, have a job, my sister is a US citizen BUT I still don't have my green card.

I have two processes in paralell. One with my current employer and another one with my sister.

EMPLOYER
    I am currently on a H1B. They finally decided to sponsor my Green Card. First we must to through the Labor Cert. Problem is that my employer's attorney says there is a delay in the DOL due to some amnesty that took place in April 2001. I applied for Labor Cert in November 2001. Therefore, there they claim there is nothing that we can do until the DOL gets out of back log. I am on my 5th year on H1B and I am affraid I will run out of time before my Green Card ever gets approved. Is there anything I can do?

FAMILY
    My sister is a US citizen. The sister/brother relationship is a 4th preference, which puts me on a waiting list of more than 10 years. We applied back in 1994 what puts me on a 9 years waiting list so far. According to latest Visa Bulletin, looks like they are reviwing cases from 1991. What else can I do?

Perhaps my fault for not hiring an attorney yet, but the fact of the matter is that I've been in the US for a little over 12 years, received my BA and MBA from good US schools, have two children born here, own 2 homes, have a job, my sister is a US citizen BUT I still don't have my green card.

I have two processes in paralell. One with my current employer and another one with my sister.

EMPLOYER
    I am currently on a H1B. They finally decided to sponsor my Green Card. First we must to through the Labor Cert. Problem is that my employer's attorney says there is a delay in the DOL due to some amnesty that took place in April 2001. I applied for Labor Cert in November 2001. Therefore, there they claim there is nothing that we can do until the DOL gets out of back log. I am on my 5th year on H1B and I am affraid I will run out of time before my Green Card ever gets approved. Is there anything I can do?

FAMILY
    My sister is a US citizen. The sister/brother relationship is a 4th preference, which puts me on a waiting list of more than 10 years. We applied back in 1994 what puts me on a 9 years waiting list so far. According to latest Visa Bulletin, looks like they are reviwing cases from 1991. What else can I do?

Comment

marry me. Am an MBA, CPA, 5 years experience.

Comment

Sorry. Forgot to mention, I have a wife as well

Comment

Guest=Umesh Passi=***

Comment

your best route is LC, it should only takes one year to get LC approval. The amnesty has no effect on it. LC is different then amnestry. you can't mix and match apples and oranges. two different things.
            Only thing you can do, to make process faster is, after the LC you file for expidite processing. Based on master you will be in different which will only taks another year.
            once your LC is filed you can get extension for one year, after your six year expires. you still have two years to go.
            You will get it before hand.

Comment

deport illegial aliens

Comment

Obviously the starting post is a fake one ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation