Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANADA/David Cohen

Hi. I was on the board not to long ago and there was a posting regarding moving to Canada. There was also a website, canadavisas.com. I checked this site out and made a brief (and semi-joking) request for information regarding my eligibility for residency in Canada.

The response that I received was phenomenal. It almost sounded too good to be true.

Does anyone on this board know anything about the law offices of Campbell and Cohen? Or more specifically the lawyer David Cohen? Can I trust them?

Also, does anyone know anything about the 75 point system for being granted residency in Canada?

Obviously, I will attempt to find this information out independently as well, however, I would appreciate any input or suggestions that you all can make.

It almost sounds too good to be true. I almost don't want to believe it.

Please give me feedback if at all possible.

Thanks for everything!!!!

I have used Campbell and Cohen and had very good sucess with them.I have recomended lots of my fiends and they all have had good luck with them.They have a toll free number 1-888-947-9445 talk to David Sears. I found him to be very honest and blunt.
    There are other good ones too but I do not know much about them.
    They use to have a money back gurantee program. I am not sure if they yet have it. He advices on the canadian immigration newsgroup. Keep posted what you think about him.
    Good Luck

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have since learned that the amount of money that I will need to have is outrageous (not necessarily the Lawyer fees, but everything else) and the amount of time it takes to get residency is much longer than I had initially hoped, heck I expect to have feedback from the INS re: our waiver before I could be sure of being granted residency.... nevertheless it is still a very viable option, and that fact that it exists gives me hope.

Does anyone know how long processing times are for work visas? Might it be simpler (and quicker) to get a job and go to Canada that way rather than with residency, or are there two many restrictions or difficulties in getting certain types of jobs?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know what the requirements are for teaching at the Canadian equivalent of a community college?

Comment

I think you have to get your qualifications evaluated and then apply for teacher certification. I do not think their is a demand for teachers in Canada.
        It can take upto two years to get your residency. After the down turn in IT many people have started looking to Canada as their next country of choice. It seems to be
        clturaly very
        dversified country and has highly educated population. It also has an excellent school system with very low crime rate.

Comment

Is nursing in demand in Canada? How will I start my application for employment? Is there any website I can go to apply?

Comment

Nursing is in demand everywhere including USA and Australia. If you pass the board examinations (NCLEX) here in us you will not have any problems finding a job or sponsor.

Comment

Thank you for yor quick reply. Are you a nurse? You sound knowledgeable. How can I apply in Canada? I just passed my NCLEX but I'm illegal. I heard if you violated your status you can no longer be sponsored by an employer. Is this correct?

Comment

If you are out of status then there could be a problem talk to an immigration attorney. No I am not a nurse. If you were in status things could be easier. If the 245i passes again see if you can qualify,meanwhile try for Canada or Australia mean time.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that the "community colleges" in Canada were like those in the USA with a strong need for higher education, but willing to accept people with Master's degrees instead of Doctoral degrees in some fields. But there are plenty of other fields in which I am eligible to work, I just need to figure out if there are any ones that will sponsor me or whether residency is my best option.

Even with the two year delay it still makes a great plan B.

Also (to RN) I believe that England also has a high demand for nurses.

Comment

Canada is one of the best places to live and migrate. Many keep it as a back up plan. It has a liberal immigration policy. Jobs may take a little time to get but not impossible.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation