Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-ENTRY ON F-1 STATUS

Hi, My daughter was in F-1 status in USA. She did maintain her status in college througout. Now, she is married to a UK citizen & living there for some time. She has her I-20 endorsed by the college that she can continue her studies & join the college uptill Feb 2003. She now wants to come to usa for short visit to see us here. My question is Can she re-enter on the valid I-20? Or she has to apply for a visit visa. She will be accompanied by her husband who has UK passport. My daughter has a multiple UK visa {spouse of citizen} on her passport.
    I will appreciate,if someone can guide us the best way to go about it.

Hi, My daughter was in F-1 status in USA. She did maintain her status in college througout. Now, she is married to a UK citizen & living there for some time. She has her I-20 endorsed by the college that she can continue her studies & join the college uptill Feb 2003. She now wants to come to usa for short visit to see us here. My question is Can she re-enter on the valid I-20? Or she has to apply for a visit visa. She will be accompanied by her husband who has UK passport. My daughter has a multiple UK visa {spouse of citizen} on her passport.
    I will appreciate,if someone can guide us the best way to go about it.

Comment

PLEASE DO READ THIS POST

Comment

If she enters US on I-20, then she must attend atleast one semester by enrolling into school. If she does not enrol and leaves then she would be entered into INS data base (SEVIS) and would have future problems. Best bet is to have her enter on visitor visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation