Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card after 2 years of marriage?

I have been reading the posts to find information about my interview ( hopefully this will happen in 6 weeks)

Some of you have said that if you have been married for more than 2 years prior to the interview you get the green card....is that true? Because that would make things so much easier ( too good to believe)

You see I'm desperate to travel and see my family for once and for all ( cant file for travel documments) so I'm trying to figure out how to make things go smooth and fast after the interview!!!!!!

I have been reading the posts to find information about my interview ( hopefully this will happen in 6 weeks)

Some of you have said that if you have been married for more than 2 years prior to the interview you get the green card....is that true? Because that would make things so much easier ( too good to believe)

You see I'm desperate to travel and see my family for once and for all ( cant file for travel documments) so I'm trying to figure out how to make things go smooth and fast after the interview!!!!!!

Comment

I don't know anything about requirements for travelling but my understanding is that if you interview before you've been married two years you become a permanent resident with conditions and if you've been married for more than two years you become a perm resident without conditions..... maybe someone else will respond to this post.

Comment

If you have been married for less than two years, you'll get a conditional green card. If you have been married for more than two years, you'll get a 10 year green card. In both cases, you'll be able to travel. Good luck.

OxO

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed