NO SHOW to INS interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can prove that have lived togheter and have joint accounts, leases, etc. I wouldn't postpone the interview, just be honest about the reasons IF they ask you anything about it.

Comment

Is not that i want to postpone the interview...
      but i would like to have some time for us to get everything taking care of

like.. without SSN is no way to get credit...a lease (we own a house, almost.. hehe) but i mean, we have nothing in both of us names... since there is no SSN

Now, they said it take about 36months in ATLANTA after they gave you EAD and parole (if approved) to get AOS... is this they ONLY of FIRST interview??
      i guess 36mo is enough time to get everything taken care of...

it is less than that??

Comment

I wonder why you haven't applied for a SSN yet? From the moment you get your EAD you may apply and I don't see any reason why not to do so.

Comment

xandtrick

my husband dont have a SSN because we dont even have the EAD yet.. we have not applied to INS (we plan to do it next week)

Now, i asked all those questions for one reasson.. my grand'ma is very sick right now... i would probablly need to be away from the city for a couple weeks, maybe months... he told me he dont want to go, not because he doesnt like my family, but because hes affraid he can be cought and deported since hes visa and I-94 are expired.

Do you think it is posible for him to do all that by him self i mean, send the forms, wait for EAD, go to SSA..(except for the interview, of course) ???
          Or do we both need to be there??
          im pretty sure i'll be back before 36months..!

I DO WANT TO BE WITH HIM, BUT I NEED TO MAKE SURE WHAT WOULD IT HAPPEN IN CASE I AM NOT...
          hes my baby!!!

tks guys

Comment

Eliza,

where does your grandma live? If it's in the States, that shouldn't be a problem, file your stuff, wait for the notice and then he'll be safe. He can travel within the US without worry if he was afraid of the security checks and all that. If she lives outside the US, don't let him leave the US.

Comment

Thanks Marie..

Yeah, my grandma lives in the states...

one more question it just came out...
              If once we file and get the NOTICE... does that mean he is a resident, right?

if he can work and have a SSN with that.. whats the AOS for?

Comment

He'll become a resident when he gets the green card.
                He's allowed to stay in the US and work while the INS process his case and decide.
                Just file, wait for the receipt and go see your grandma, he can come with you. I would have someone check your mail to forward anything that comes from the INS.
                Once he files he is allowed to stay while he waits for the decision.
                AOS is to adjust his status from tourist to permanent resident.

Comment

You become an LPS after the interview. Once you filed everything you will receive a receipt which proves that the case is being processed which gives you 'legal' staying right.

After the receipt he will not be considered a 'resident' yet although he may apply for SSN and a job once he receives his EAD.

The AOS papers are the final step to make him an LPR.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation