Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please answer, asap

I am on a student visa and are in the process of applying for my greencard. I am also working as a nanny and are being sponsored by the family that I work for. I am wondering if it is possible for me after I have received my greencard, can I do any other work, or does it have to be limited to being only a nanny.

I am on a student visa and are in the process of applying for my greencard. I am also working as a nanny and are being sponsored by the family that I work for. I am wondering if it is possible for me after I have received my greencard, can I do any other work, or does it have to be limited to being only a nanny.

Comment

Thats the first time I heard a family can sponsor someone for a greencard, not because of family ties, but based on the job alone.

Comment

You employer must apply for Labor Certification and then you can apply for AOS. Once you get your GC then you can change you job, there will be not problem.
        Good luck.

Comment

your attempt to AOS will be futile. youcannot geta greencard by being a nanny. do not waste your time and money. go to school, grduate and find a better job.

Comment

To ,,,,,,:
            Nanny can be sponsored by a family, if she has experience and sponsoring household has child in the house.
            God bless you.

Comment

What is your status?

Comment

Cont'd... If it is F-1, you may not work legally as a nanny. Then what is a basis for GC?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation