Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai K3 interview

Hello All, well finally I got email reply back from Consulate office telling me my wife will have interview date sometime in Feb 2004.She submitted the Packet 3 on December 1st. Well do you all think its a normal processing time or its longer ??? I am kinda worried now everything was going smooth and now all sudden its 2 months waiting time. Also about Police Certificate I am so confused. Well do we need 2 certificate or just one from the Reginal office. She just got her passport in OCtober and they have PCC stamp. Please help I am so worried. Please post here, thanks

Hello All, well finally I got email reply back from Consulate office telling me my wife will have interview date sometime in Feb 2004.She submitted the Packet 3 on December 1st. Well do you all think its a normal processing time or its longer ??? I am kinda worried now everything was going smooth and now all sudden its 2 months waiting time. Also about Police Certificate I am so confused. Well do we need 2 certificate or just one from the Reginal office. She just got her passport in OCtober and they have PCC stamp. Please help I am so worried. Please post here, thanks

Comment

My husband had to go get the stamp in the passport, his was brand new too and he thought he didnt have to go after and get the stamp in it, but he did. Also he required the district stamp. Also if you got married under the special marriage registration act, then there is another form you must get from them if wife intends to immigrate to usa. Read the special marriage act form of your marriage certificate. The paragraph below states what is required. If it applies to you then you must go back to registrar, they send off for something and call you back. This takes about 1 month. Yes mumbai s-u-x, we also waited 3 months for the interview after they received packet 3. I know several ppl who were turned away from embassy without receiving visa ajnabi, hope you have better luck

Comment

Ajnabi,

My wife submitted her packet 3 on 12/5 at Mumbai. I called yesterday to the embassy and they said the interview will probably be in feb.

Now, did you already receive anything official from them regarding an interview? please let me know because my wife has not received anything official yet.

Comment

Yes you get a packet 4 goldrush. It includes medical exam information, more forms, and the appointment letter (which you need to bring to the medical). This usually only comes 30 days before the actual interview date. Right now they say 'probably' for you which coming from Mumbai I wouldnt hold them to it. They in my opinion do not apply their rules the same to anyone at anytime.

Comment

Hey Goldrush
            Well seems like you are at the same timeline as I am and No I have not received any officially I tried to call them last night and never got through...I am just wondring how did you get to talk to them ? any hint when to call them keep in touch looks like our both's wife will end up interviwing together. my email is vrkool@hotmail.com
            thanks.

Comment

Ajnabi,

Call 011-91-22-23637407 or 23637408, I usually get through every time, after trying couple times.

Comment

Hey Julie,
                My fiance got her new passport and she also sent i for passport clearance. So I guess they gave her a stamp in the passport. becuase they also gave her a document witht he passport. I will have to double check.
                Vpatel
                P.S. Julie has your Husband got his visa yet or is he still on hold?

[This message was edited by vpatel on December 10, 2003 at 05:41 PM.]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation